I know, I know, I know - I have been a poor blog-keeper recently. My increasingly high stress level due to school starting back up this week, along with the fact that I have led a fairly boring life lately are to blame. I do return to my blogging life with good news however! I am officially teaching 3rd grade again!
The day that my Phi Mu loves and I got back from the beach, I got a late afternoon phone call from my Principal. Apparently a 3rd grade teacher had been holding out for a better job out of state and decided to go for it at the last minute! The needed a teacher with standardized testing experience and I was their woman! I am exceptionally more comfortable (though there are quite a few differences still...) and so much happier to start this school year. I keep meaning to take pictures of my classroom and post them but keep forgetting, another reason for my lack of blogging. I promise pictures and a classroom post THIS WEEK though!
School started today for the 2009-2010 school year. Bright and early at 7:45 AM, I had 23 smiling, eager 3rd grade faces in front of me. Knowing that this was causing me a great deal of stress and anxiety, Antonio suggested we take a day trip to the beach yesterday, to officially say goodbye to the summertime.
We woke up super early and headed down to Ocean City Sunday morning. We got there around 9:30 AM and made a bee line for
The Fractured Prune donut shop.
*L* introduced me to TFP the last time we we

re at the beach and I was absolutely HOOKED. They have about 10 different glazes and probably 20 different toppings, and you can either choose a pre-made donut such as the strawberry shortcake (strawberry glaze, graham cracker crumbs, and powdered sugar), peppermint patty (mint glaze and mini chocolate chips) or the pebble beach (honey glaze, cinnamon sugar, and mini chocolate chips) or you can create your own! The donuts are literally made right in front of you; the donut master (my personal title for their job) grabs the donuts, hot out of the oven, dips them in the glaze and toppings and puts them immediately into boxes. They are almost too hot to pick up! Though I've never had a bad donut at TFP, I highly recommend styles without chocolate (I know - GASP!). The non chocolate options, I think, allow you get the full taste of the warm, homemade donuts. Antonio and I tried 6 different kinds and they were all delicious. Don't let the long line out the door of TFP turn you away, it usually goes pretty fast and is COMPLETELY worth it. Yes, I know donuts are the worst thing you can eat and yes, I ate 3 of them. Don't judge.

After our donut adventure, we found a SUPER CLOSE parking spot and set up shop out on the beach. The only problem, though, was that there are currently a number of hurricanes and tropical storms working their ways up the east coast. This made the waves so incredibly big, that even I (who am NOT afraid of the ocean) couldn't go swimming. They were well over 6-7 feet high at some points of the day. Due to this lack of ocean swimming, along with a wipe out of our towels and bags, we decided to cut the beach portion of our day early. I was very sad, but knew we would still have a great time anyway.
For lunch, we gorged ourselves on
Hooters wings and fries (so I had a fatty day...whatever I

had a salad and tomato for lunch today) then headed for
Seacrets. Antonio had never been there before, and we had a great time lounging on the rafts in the bay, drinking delicious frozen drinks, and wandering around. We even got to watch a wedding! The couple and their bridal party walked the aisle down the dock at Seacrets, along the edge of the "drinking bay", as everyone watched and cheered! As we were leaving there was a really good band playing under a big tent, so we stayed a little longer and danced and enjoyed the music. Being at Seacrets made me think that perhaps I've become a little boring. There were a ton of scantily clad girls (in full hair and make up in the scorching sun, lounging on rafts in a bay, mind you) dancing and being, honestly, just really drunk. I, however, was perfectly content in just hanging out and taking it all in!
As the sun started to go down, we walked on the boardwalk for awhile. I love lookin

g at all of the silly little stores and of course, the crazy people on the boardwalk. There were quite a few magicians and balloon animal makers, along with some decent musicians playing last night. Antonio and I had a great time just strolling, browsing and eating. If you've ever been to Ocean City, you know that when you get to the boardwalk, Thrashers french fries and
Fisher's popcorn are both a MUST. So that was what we had for dinner! We also stopped into
Candy Kitchen and got some treats for later in the week. After we were exhausted from walking and stuffing ourselves (again) we decided it was time to head home.
All in all, it was a perfect ending to a perfect summer.
Send To Phone
Send To Phone
Send To Phone
Send To Phone
No comments:
Post a Comment