Throughout the day, I saw a number of promos for a new show coming on that channel called "Little Miss Perfect", about child beauty pageants. I wish I could find the actual commercial that has driven me to this blog rant, but I can't. So, I will just paint you a mental picture:
There is a flamboyant man, discussing what child pageants mean to the different people who participate in them. He says "To some, it's family time (cut to yelling mother), for some it's the thrill of the competition (cut to yelling mother), for me (the CHILD BEAUTY PAGEANT COACH - ick) it's a PASSION! What is it to YOU?"
Well, since you asked... it's gross and creepy to me! Am I prude, stuck up, and up tight... or does anyone out there agree with me? Check out the show here: wetv.com
6 comments:
Agreed. They have one on another channel (or maybe it's WE TV, I can't remember) that I've watched and it just CREEPS me out. They have natural ones that I think are semi-ok but the glamor ones (or I think they refer to them as Glitz pageants) where they tan and have fake hair and smiles is just too weird and they look too adult and inspire too many pedophiles and creepsters a la Jon Benet. I definitely agree and am not a supporter. Oh and the fact that the vast majority of moms are overweight and/or unattractive... living vicariously through your kid by forcing them to be a little miss sex symbol? Bad deal. Sorry about the long comment but this definitely sparked some fire in me! lol
I have three kids, two girls and a boy.
You wouldn't catch me DEAD putting my child in a beauty pageant. I believe that most people that do put their children into these things are a) setting them up for absolute disappointment, and b) making your child grow up WAY too fast. They are kids... let them be kids already!!!
Grrrr... I am totally with you on this one!
i am totally against it as well!!!
nice to see you around here lady!
Completely agree!!! I watched a few episodes of TLC's Tiaras and Toddlers and was appalled by the behavior of the parents and some of the kids. It was AWFUL!!!
HAH! I watch golden girls marathons!
Toddlers and Tiaras...just as creep! And heck to the yeah for the Golden Girls. I watch a rerun or two like every night in bed!
Post a Comment