I know it's cheesy and cliche but... HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Even though today is the day, I've already had a pretty whirlwind Valentine's celebration this weekend!
Friday night, Antonio and I got all dressed up and headed into Baltimore to

have a delicious dinner at
Fogo de Chao. Neither one of us had ever been there before and let me tell you, it was certainly an experience! It's an all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse and super yummy. You start out with the massive salad bar, which along with regular salad bar items had fresh asparagus, mozzarella balls, a-maz-ing cheeses, and some different salads. I had been told ahead of time to not waste my belly space on the salad bar though, so I just took a small bit of everything to try. (It was amazing FYI)
Once you've finished your salad bar selections is when the meal truly starts. Each person at the table has a small card with a green side and a red side. Green literally means "yes please, bring me meat!" and red m

eans "ok, let me eat for a minute". (I let Antonio turn his card first because I was a little nervous.) When you turn your card the Gauchos come around with huge forks of delicious, tender, perfectly cooked meats that they cut off right onto your plate for you. There are 15 different kinds and I tried almost every kind. My favorites were the bottom round and bacon wrapped (!!!) filet. They also had their own wine cellar right in the middle of the restaurant. I tried a Riesling that was great. I am definitely a lover of red meat AND wine so this was a perfect meal! I cannot wait to go back very very soon!
Yesterday, we spent the day relaxing at home before going out again that night! We're really becoming party animals these days! I got a text from my
Phi Mu little asking if I was interested in going to a show in Baltimore where three of our favorite local bands were playing. Of course we were interested! A bunch of local bands were playing in Power Plant for "Pirate Rob's" birthday bash. (If you know why this Pirate Rob gets such a huge birthday party, please let me know. Either way it was fun, though) I used to work with the lead singer of one of the bands, so I've been sporatically going to
Bond and Bentley and
Pasadena shows for year

s, so I knew that they would put on a great show, which they definitely did. They played a lot of new music, all of which was superb! I had only seen
Ballyhoo live once before, but they were equally as awesome! I'm definitely going to have to hunt down some more of their music on itunes. It was also awesome to get to spend some quality time with my little while she's home in MD! Her husband is away so I got to play her Valentine for a little while last night!
All in all it was a great Valentine's weekend and I couldn't have asked for better! Today, I plan to relax a little more and possibly go to the gym. (Don't hold me to that though...) How are you all celebrating this day of love with the people you love?
4 comments:
Aw! sounds great! yummy, Im now hungery!
after a mini vacation in Seattle we will probably just hang out together! I did get pink tuilps, a HUGE balloon and a sweet card!
That restaurant sounds great! Glad you had a wonderful Valentines Day.
sounds like you had a great valentine's celebration!! the meal sounds very good too!!
hope you have a great week! :)
Glad you had a nice time and happy belated V-Day! :)
Post a Comment