
St. Patty's Day is one of my most favorite holidays. I think it has something to do with the fact that I went to a school whose colors were green and white and this is the only day where it's totally acceptable to put all of that junk I acquired in high school on at once. It also might be because it's totally acceptable to drink at 9 AM on this holiday. (Don't worry - I waited until school was over.) But mostly, I think my love for this Leprechaun laden holiday has to do with the first (and BEST) St. Patty's Day party I ever threw during my senior year of college.
My friends and I went all out: green beer, green gin bucket, tie dyed green t shirts, more green beads than one really and truly needs, homemade green beer coozies, green hands and tongues for days. It was pretty amazing.
First, a Leprechaun visited my classroom yesterday morning. I'm not sure if you know this but Leprechaun's are very sneaky little guys. They're also very naughty creatures. So, we built a trap and tried to catch one with gold and Leprechaun food; Lucky Charms of course.
Apparently this really pissed of the Leprechaun because this is what he did to my classroom:
This year, we decided to keep things pretty quiet. Since neither Antonio or I have a house in which to host this party, we went out a local Irish bar and restaurant. One of Antonio's friends' band was playing some really great Irish rock music and a couple of my co-workers and their boyfriends tagged along.
Jaime and I after acquiring some new green goodies. I'm such a sucker for free junk! Especially on drinking holidays. The glow in the dark Shamrock promptly leaked all over my jeans though.
Well, I think this was a pretty successful "grown up" St. Patty's Day. I even got to eat some Shepard's Pie! MMMM...
2 comments:
My school was green and white too! Glad you had a great St. Patty's Day! I love that you did the leprechaun thing!
Um. I wish I had known you were going to I.C last night because I had totally considered going! P.S I made a new blog. Please follow me bc right now I only have one follower...and it's me. :)
Post a Comment