Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Top Two Tuesday

As we all know, I love. love. love. LOVE. summertime. Even though I do absolutely love living in a state that gets to experience all four seasons, summer is definitely my favorite by far. There are so many amazing things about this season, that when I saw this week's Top Two Tuesday: Two Favorite Things About Summer, I had a mini panic attack trying to figure them out! But, rest easy, I think I did it...

Top Two Things I Love About Summer

1. No Work: I know eventually I will have a house and (hopefully) a family to support. I will probably have to get a summer job, since we all know how well teachers are repaid for their services. So, my lazy days of soaking up school-less summertime will be over. But for now, I am taking complete and total advantage of my days off. I decided that this could be my number one favorite thing about summer because it allows me to enjoy all of my OTHER favorite things about summer! (Pretty sneaky, huh?) Those things include: tanning all day long, lounging by the pool, catching up on reading, sleeping in, staying up late, vacations, riding around in the middle of the day with the windows down, getting things done in the middle of the day because everyone else is at work.... oh the list goes on and on...

2. Summertime Food: I've said it before and I'll say it again. Summer is by far the best season for food! Fresh veggies and fruits, yummy homemade salsas, watermelon, cantelope... MMM and don't get me started on cookouts. I how I do love some cookouts.... steaks, burgers, BBQ chicken, veggie kabobs, corn on the cob, baked beans, potato salad, pasta salad and CRABS! Being a native Marylander, I am more than happy sitting back, picking some of these delish crustaeans, and enjoying a few yummy Bud Light Limes...

Ok enough of this, I'm getting sad just thinking about the 52 days I have to wait until school is out and my summer officially begins...

7 comments:

Mrs. D said...

Crabs! I couldn't agree more! What an awesome choice!

Brittany said...

As a fellow Marylander, I love crabs too.. Especially when they involve crab dip!! I could eat it everyday lol. And I love cookouts too!! Can't wait for summer to officially be here :-)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you about having summer weekdays to do whatever you want! It's a small consolation for me not having a full-time job! :)

Anonymous said...

As a new teacher I can't wait for my first summer vacation since I was in school! :)

And the summer food is so delish! I love going to the beach and enjoying...

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

When I was teenager I use to spend my summers in Maryland and crab is AMAZING. I still miss spreading newspaper on the table and cracking them open!

Marian said...

Seriously, I can't wait for crags. Sitting on a rooftop deck, enjoy some Natty Bo's and crabs. Sounds like a perfect night to me

Samantha said...

I can't benefit from the first one but I do love summer food!!