Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year...


IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON! YEAH!!!

Since football is one of the ONLY redeeming qualities of cold weather seasons (followed closely by snow days), I wanted to devote a whole post to it.

Thursday night, some friends and I headed down to M&T Bank Stadium, in a torrential downpour, to witness the "Battle of the Beltway". Even though my Baltimore Ravens aren't in the same division as the nearby Washington Redskins, it is still a HUGE rivalry in the area. The Redskins were the only team around for years and years. That is, until the Ravens came along in 1996 and gained a huge fan base when they won the Superbowl four years later. Since the two teams' fans are so close and constantly living and working with each other this pre-season match is always a good one. Antonio and I even participate in this little squabble in our own house from time to time... So, needless to say, I was super stoked when my friend Beth told me she had found 7th ROW SEATS for this classic matchup.

The clouds parted and we settled in for a great game! Notice HOW.FREAKING.CLOSE. we are!

We were one section away from where the team comes out of the tunnel!Ray Lewis is the man. The end.
Huddling up!TOUCHDOWN!!! Post scoring chest bump

So, even though we didn't get home until 1 AM and I spent the whole day yesterday chugging soda and trying to stay awake, AND even though this wasn't technically a "real" game, it was totally worth it. The Ravens still pulled it out a scored with 22 seconds to go, claiming yet another victory over the Redskins! Just got me even more excited for the rest of the season!









1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I am totally jealous of those awesome seats!! I love the Ravens! They are my favorite NFL team!