Wednesday, July 22, 2009

oh hey... again

SOOOO it took me some time to figure this thing out, but with the help of Lauren, I was finally able to set up this blogger account. Therefore, here is my first entry from my old blog that is now here on my new blog! Enjoy!

So here I am! I've had a few of these things in the past but I figured that since I'm starting a new chapter in my life a new LiveJournal would be appropriate. My friend Lauren has a pretty interesting and beautiful blog and I'm hoping that this journal will be much of the same for me.

I guess I should tell you a little about myself if you're going to be interested in reading what I have to say at all. I'm 22 years old and graduated college about 6 months ago. I have an English degree but am really doing absolutely nothing with that. I'm actually an elementary school teacher; a career that definitely has its own severe ups and downs. Each day is different and you never know what's going to happen by the time the last bell rings that day. Teaching, I've found, is incredibly rewarding though too. I know EVERY teacher says that but that's because it is absolutely true! The way a students face looks when they finally understand something, or seeing them truly enjoying a lesson or activity that you've planned can make all of the frustration and anger float away. My students make me laugh every single day. This is not to say that teaching other peoples children is all peaches and sunshine, however. It can be difficult, frustrating, loud, and emotionally and physically draining. I wouldn't trade my job for any other one in the world though. It is the only thing I've ever (Literally) wanted to do in my life. Last year, I taught at a pretty normal suburban school near my house. It was a great way to get my feet wet. Next year, though, I will teaching at a public school on a military base. 99% of the students will be from military families - which will provide a very uniquely challenging experience for me as a teacher. Stay tuned to see how that goes...

Other than work, I'm a true beach bum at heart. I love being outside and soaking up sunshine - which probably has a lot to do with why I chose my profession! I joined a sorority my freshman year of college and am still fairly active in it. The friends I made during those years are some of the greatest friends and just human beings in general anyone could ever ask for. I have, and continue to, depend on my sisters to get me through every up and down that gets thrown at me. I also have an amazing boyfriend named Tonz, who I'm sure I will reference here frequently.

That's all I can really think of for now. I'm have a hard time believing that anyone will really want to read about my silly little life but I know I love Lauren's blog so let's hope for the best!

No comments: