"with as much creativity as you can muster, show your heart in: a picture, a poem, a song (or piece of music), a phrase (or quote), an item of clothing, a place, and (just for fun) a Disney princess. if you want to join in, tag 6 more blogs."
A Picture
I know I'm not going to be able to choose just one so here is the first: A photo of Antonio and I on our recent trip to Florida. First of all, my heart clearly belongs at the beach. Also, it most definitely belongs to the silly kid in this picture. Of all the pictures I requested we take last week, this one shows off our relationship the best. Being ourselves: silly, young, happy, and in love. He accepts me for me, and more importantly, loves me for it too. That is something so so rare and priceless these days.
Next: My family. Mom, Dad, big brother and my two beautiful nieces. This one was taken on my brothers wedding day in October. It was a beautiful wedding and so much fun. They support me no matter what. I decided I wanted to be a teacher, even though everyone knows there is not much financial growth in that field. They told me to "Go For It" anyway. Both of my parents are proud to tell everyone they know that their kids are a teacher and a firefighter and that makes me really proud. My family is definitely different and can be extremely frustrating in so many ways but in the end, they're mine. I wouldn't be who I am today if they weren't.
Last but not least: My friends. Now, I want to make it clear that this photo is not at all representative of all of my friends, nor how I feel about them. This picture, however, shows us being us. Hanging out, laughing at nothing, immediately jumping to the sorority squat pose when a camera comes out, taking care of each other, and just enjoying each others company. I have so many pictures that could convey all of this but this post would be much longer than necessary. The friends who I'm referencing here, know it and I love, admire, and thank them more than they realize.
A Poem "Oh! The Places You'll Go!" - Dr. Seuss (ok so it's a book. It still rhymes)
A Song
Ben Harper "She's Only Happy In The Sun"
A Quote "If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard, because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with." The Wizard of Oz
"be UNAFRAID of lifes' changing tides. each new day gives a chance to sail our ship upon new seas..."
An Item of Clothing My bathing suit and a comfy cover up
A Place Siesta Key, FL (any beautiful beach really... but only if my favorite people are there too)
A Disney Princess Ariel - she lives under the sea DUH
No comments:
Post a Comment