Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Awards!!!

I know that I've already posted once today but I just received my very first blog awards! (OK, so they were from my real life sorority sister, but it's still exciting!) L at Dreams Take Flight gave me this award and I am ready to blog for it! Thanks L for my first award!

The Premium Meme Award


For this award, I have to list seven traits about myself and then pass the award onto seven other bloggers who deserve recognition for the personality they share through their blog.

So, here are my 7 traits, few of which are very flattering:

1. I joke about it often, but I am literally obsessed with being tan. Everyone prefers to have color, rather than paleness but I have been known to become mildly depressed if I don't have a brown/orange/golden color to my skin all year long. Just looking in the mirror and seeing a pale face looking back can put me in a grouchy, sad, depressing mood. I know this is bad for me and my health and that I will probably regret it 20 years from now, but I really can't help it! Pathetic, I know.

2. I get really anxious when I feel overwhelmed. I tend to overthink and overplan, in an effort to "underwhelm" myself. When I have a lot of things going on at once, or many things that need to be done in a specific amount of time, I really can't get them out of my mind! I have been know to lose precious hours of sleep thinking about the lesson plans that need to be finished a week from now or the possiblity that I left something un-finished or out of place at work.

3. Few people know this but, I am an extremely sentimental and emotional person. I tend to hold on to good times and memories from the past, to get me through my present. I love to look through old pictures and notes. While I am sentimental with my memories, I am also sentimental toward my friends and family. I often stop and think about how important the people close to me are. It makes me feel better to sit back and realize how lucky I am to have so many people who love and understand me.

4. I'm sort of immature. Immature in the sense that I still love watching Disney and cartoons, laugh histerically at bathroom jokes, and love goofing off and carrying on like a little kid. I am probably one of the goofiest, wierdest people I've ever known, and I haven't quite decided if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

5. Laughing is my favorite. I love to laugh and love even more to make others laugh. The only problem is that sometimes my sense of humor isn't always well received. Jokes that I think of as harmless and sarcastic, others might find rude and insensitive. But for the most part, when I think before I speak, I find great pleasure in being the comedian.

6. I often find myself becoming very intensely connected to characters in books and movies and on TV, and not necessarily as in the "I heart Edward Cullen" way (although I do!) When I'm finished a particulary gripping book or movie, I find my thoughts wandering to the characters, as though they are real people. I wonder what might be happening with them now, since the story has ended from my point of view. Perhaps this is the leftover workings of a practically only child brain, finding friends wherever you can, even if they're not real.

7. I get super grouchy when I'm hungry. This is a trait that I very recently found out about myself. So recently, in fact, that when I'm in the bad mood and hating everything and everyone around me, I don't realize it's because I'm hungry until my belly is full and I am content again!

Now here for the others who I think deserve this award, and could do it some justice:

sCe at Summer Wind
Ginger Snap at GingerSnap's Daily Fashion Post
Alanna at .Sparkles and Sundresses.
sLe at Pearls, Curls & a Southern Girl
Julia at kaleidoscope
Kelly at Kelly's Korner
Just Beachy at I'm Just Beachy


3 comments:

Kelly said...

THank you for the sweet award!!!
(I'm slightly obsessed with being tan also! I have been that way ever since I can remember. Luckily I tan VERY easy but I'm probably going to pay for it soon

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Thank you so much for the award! You are such a sweetheart. I too get super grouchy when I'm hungry. It used to be really bad when I was a child, but I still get cranky!

Room 209 said...

Thanks for the award...it's my first one too! I am the BIGGEST grouch when I don't eat. I might steal that one for my post....by the way, we have a connection...teacher power! Am I lame or what??? Haha!