Megan and I met through some mutual friends way back in 8th grade. We hung around the same group of friends and talked at some social functions, but it wasn't until senior year of high school that we really became close. We both started working at a local seafood restaurant and would hang out many nights after work. In the fall of senior year, both of us had a tragic event occur in each of our lives and it was so nice to have someone who understood to lean on through the tough times. We were attached at the hip during senior beach week, with Meg teaching me how to really drink like a champ... HA! And I guess, you could say the rest is hist
Meg and I have had an ever changing relationship, from social friends, to "drinking buddies", to confidants, to best friends, to what I like to call close friends. Close friends are those ones that maybe you don
't talk to everyday or always know exactly whats going on in their lives. But, once you finally do make that call, it's like nothing has changed. I think quote from The Wonder Years about sums it up: "There's nothing that can ever take the place of someone who knew you when you were young and likes you, loves you, in spite or because of it. When that someone is part of the present, then you have the rarest of all friendships. You speak your own language, a kind of shorthand only available to childhood friends."It was such an honor to spend the day and night yesterday with Megan and her new husband, Mike. Now, I'm
After the ceremony, we headed over to Martin's East for the reception. It was all purple! And so absolutely beautiful! It was great to get to laugh, dance and drink with some friends who I haven't seen in ages. People came in from out of state and, although I usually take a strong stance against going back to high school, these relationships def
After coming home and changing, Antonio and I went back out in the monsoon that had situated itself right over downtown
I am so incredibily happy for Megan and Mike that I can't seem to put it into words. To watch someone go through the searching and the falling in love and all of the parts in between, then to watch them grow up and find that love for real, is amazing. It gives you just a little more hope that true love, fate, and destiny are really out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment