Monday, September 21, 2009

It's Alright to be Little Bitty

Two posts in less that a week?!?! I must be on a roll here... Anyway, this weekend was SUPER fun! Definitely one of the best in awhile, although I have been having some great weekends lately.

It started on Friday night when Antonio and I went out a lovely dinner and a movie date night. He wasn't feeling well, so we stayed kinda low key, eating at Noodles & Co. (one of my most absolute favorites!) and going to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs in 3D. It was a cute movie, but definitely not as good as the book, which was a childhood favorite of mine. I had never seen a a movie in 3D before, so that was pretty cool too!

Saturday, I spent the day shopping with my mom, aunt, and niece and preparing for that evenings festivities. Meg, one of my oldest high school friends, was having her bachelorette party that night in Annapolis. This was going to be my very first bachelorette party and I must say, I was pretty excited.

Meg's sister asked us to "dress our best", which was honestly pretty stressful for me. I'm quite literally a jeans, t shirt and flip flop kind of a girl. Due to some medical issues, and sheer laziness, I do not wear heels very often. When I do, I am always sure to have a backup pair of "fancy flops" (you know - those cute, sparkly flip flops that look just a little bit nicer than your regular old Tevas.) I ended up wearing a plain black dress and satin black peep toe pumps, which lastest through the group pictures and onto the party bus, then were quickly replaced with my new favorite Madden Girl patent leather flower flops.

We met at Meg's mom's house and had a pot luck dinner of all of Meg's favorite restaturant foods - it was pretty much all fried and delicious! Meg's sister and another of our high school friends, Cait, made everyone a personalized sash to wear for the night. Mine said "Princess A" in pink rhinestones, and I thought it was very appropriate. Then, we all piled into the party bus and headed downtown. Cait had made jello shooters for the bus ride and they were great! We made our way around city dock, and had a great time just dancing, taking pictures, and trying to find all the things on Meg's party scavenger hunt list. I loved spending some time with some ladies I don't get to see very often anymore It was definitely a success as a first bachelorette party - I can't wait until the wedding on Saturday!

Last night, Antonio and I traveled down to Southern Maryland for my very first ALAN JACKSON CONCERT! I am a HUGE AJ fan and I was so excited to get to see him, along with opening act Kellie Pickler live and in person! A few weeks ago, Antonio and I were down in SoMD visiting some of my family and I saw a sign on the road for an AJ concert at the volunteer fire house. The only problem was, it was on a Sunday, so we decided we would pass on the concert. But, the more I thought about it, the more I needed to see Alan in concert. I was raised on Alan Jackson music and it is a huge part of a lot of my childhood memories, so I logged onto Ticketmaster and scooped us up a couple of tickets.

It was a smaller venue so we were super close to Kellie and Alan. I had seen Kellie Pickler before opening for Taylor Swift, and she was just a good this time around. When Alan came out, I was amazed! He was better than I could have imagined and I still can't get over how close I was to one of my most favorite artists of all time. He sang all of my favorite songs like Little Bitty, 5 O'Clock Somewhere, and Drive. I even (secretly) shot a couple of videos with my camera. I'm going to try to upload them onto here a little bit later!

Although we got home sort of late and both had to get up early for work today, it was definitely worth it to see Alan Jackson live! I'm not always one to try new things, but I am so glad that I did this weekend! I can't wait for my next 3D movie, bachelorette party and Alan Jackson concert! It just got me more excited for the all day Sunday in the Country festival next Sunday!

No comments: