I am sitting here, waiting for the Ravens game to begin, dreading the thought of going back to work in the morning. Though it has definitely been a relaxing one, this Thanksgiving break has also been a busy one as well! My festivities revolved mostly around turkeys and babies. First, the turkey portion:
Thursday afternoon, my parents, Antonio and I drove over to my big brother's hou

se for a big Turkey dinner. It was my sister in law's first attempt at cooking a turkey or gravy from scratch, among other things. Since my brother is really only my half brother (we have the same dad), it was definitely a full house with my parents, his mom and stepdad, his half brother from his mom, all 3 kids, my sister i

n law, Antonio and me! The place cards that Kameron and I made the day before come in handy!
As it got closer to dinner time, everyone started to pitch in to get everything together. My brother and his stepdad fried a turkey outside (which is apparently a "southern" thing, but definitely SUPER delicious and highly recommended), and the kids set the table. My sister in law, mom, and brother's mom all mashed the potatoes, stirred the gravy and checked the turkey. My dad and brother carved both of our spectacular turkeys and Antonio and I prepared the cranberries and got the food to the table (a very important job, if you ask me!).
Dinner was great, and there was definitely more than enough food. For h

er first turkey, I think that my sister in law did a phenominal job! It was great to have the fried turkey as well, which had a very distinctly different taste from the traditionally cooked one. But, both were great! As usual, I overate and got the "itis", as Antonio calls it, and had to lay down after dinner. It was a

short lived nap, though, since Antonio and I had to rush to his family's Thanksgiving dinner very soon after finishing eating! Luckily, it was over and hour drive, so my stomach had some time to make room for more yummy turkey :o) Now on to the baby portion; don't worry they're not connected so you can stop imagining a sitcom-like rush to the hospital for a Thanksgiving delivery, or something equally ridiculous...
Yesterday, I wen

t to a baby shower for my little sister in Phi Mu,
Mrs. P. She and her husband are expecting a little girl in January, so her mom and one of our sisters planned a surprise shower for her before they headed home to North Carolina! A bunch of my sisters, as well as some of her family and neighbors gathered together to surprise my little and her little one! It was really great to see some of my sisters. We have all gotten so spread out across the country in such a short time, from North Carolina, to New Jersey, to Georgia, so catching up was a definite must. Even though I rushed Phi Mu more than five years ago, and have been an alumni for over a year, it still amazes me sometimes just how close we all became. Even though a lot of u

se haven't spoken in months and months, it was almost as if nothing has changed. They were still my sisters and that's what mattered. I loved joking around, laughing, and catching up with my sisters.
There were a TON of presents, plenty of "AWWW"s, and the traditionally silly baby shower games. My favorite was guessing which melted candy bar made the "poopy" mess in the diaper. Not to brag or anything, but I sure do know my candy bars, melted or not! My little loved the zebra footed pajamas I got her, complete with ears AND tail. Tie dying was our t-shirt craft of choice in college so I also tie dyed a couple of onesies for the little princess.
All in all, I had a pretty amazing Thanksgiving break. I got a ton of rest, some extra time at the gym, and lots of delicious food. But most importantly, I got to spend some true, quality time with my families - my real family and my Phi Mu family. Now, on to the ironing of work clothes for tomorrow...
2 comments:
Sounds like a fabulous Thanksgiving to me. Wish the long weekend didn't go by so fast. Sigh
What a cute little baby bump she's got there!
Post a Comment