Saturday, January 16, 2010

Polar Bear Plunge - I need your help!!!

Each year, the Maryland State Troopers sponsor and event called Polar Bear Plunge, to support the MD Special Olympics. Every one suits up and wades into the freezing cold waters of the Chesapeake Bay for a good cause. Every year, I've watched the plungers on TV and thought "Those people are crazy!" Well, my friends, this year I will be one of the crazies!!! A group of other teachers and I will be braving the frigid Maryland January weather to raise money and awareness for Special Olympics. But, I need YOUR help!

f you are interested in donating anything, even $1 to this great cause (or to me freezing my rear off...), I would greatly appreciate it!

If you already know me in real life and know my first and last names, head on over to the Sponsor Plungers page and make a much appreciated donation. If you don't know me in "real life" but would still like to make a donation, comment with your email address and I will shoot it on over to ya!

Can't wait to tell all of how this crazy idea ends up!

1 comment:

Marian said...

Good luck!!! I'm doing this as well. I just hope it isn't as cold as the past few years.

Good Luck!!!