Monday, January 18, 2010

Please Keep Praying....

Thank you all for your lovely words and prayers for my student from Haiti. She is safe and back in the states. Devastatingly, two of her siblings did not return home with the family. It's an un-nameable feeling that I'm having right now. No one ever thinks that such a huge disaster can have such a direct, profound effect on their own personal life. I'm not sure how to allow my brain to recognize that such an awful tragedy and loss is all a part of God's plan. I am trying to put my faith in Him to get me through the tough spots. I'm sure tomorrow will be a very surreal and difficult day at work, and I know that my faith and prayers will keep me strong throughout it.

This family needs our prayers now, more than ever. Please continue to pray for all of those suffering in Haiti, as well as those who have lost their lives or the life of a loved one in this disaster.

4 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

That is heartbreaking! Praying for her and her family!

Annie said...

i am so sorry to hear this....i will be praying.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's awful to hear that some of the family members didn't make it out. I'll keep them in my thoughts.

JMay said...

Wow, talk about close to home...so sorry to hear about this.

Def. keeping all the Haiti people in my prayers & all those who were affected.