First of all, I would like to say that I LOVE my new Macbook! It might not sparkly but what it lacks in glitz, it more than makes up for in cool features, cuteness, and coordin

ation with my bedroom furniture. But I digress...
Today I did something I never in a million years thought that I would do. I participated in the
14th Annual MD State Troopers Polar Bear Plunge! Along with thousands of other crazy people, about 25 of my coworkers and their significant others braved the near blizzard to hop into the freezing cold Chesapeake Bay to benefit the
Special Olympics. To give you a hint of how cold it was, the day's high was forecasted to be 23 degrees today.
We met up this

morning as it was first starting to snow and bundled up to head to the beach. After we registered, got our sweatshirts and took a team photo, there were a ton of activities and tents to visit once we got to the park grounds. We started out in the Ice Lodge tent,

which had a live band, tons of food and drink, and even some games going on! Then, we wandered over to the vendor tent and browsed the tables of things for sale. There was a Ravens station with SUPER cute items, but I somehow resisted. Instead, two of my coworkers, Jamie and Jaime, bought ourselves some cute snow gear. Mine is a moose/reindeer, you just can't see the antlers.
Speaking of the Ravens, the Ravenmaniacs were at the Plunge in full effect. They came in their loaded down, hug

e, purple school bus, dressed in head to toe Ravens gear. During football season, there is a huge feud around school between the Ravens, Redskins, and Steelers fans, so the Ravens fans of course had to take advantage of this photo op! There was also rumor that Ravens quarterback, Joe Flacco, was supposed to take a dip in the bay, but due to the snow they cancelled plunges later in the day.

Anyway, after wandering around, trying to stay warm for awhile, it was finally plunge time! (They didn't cancel plunges until AFTER we all hopped in at 1 P

M...lucky us.) While some people stripped down to just their bathing suits and bare skin, I opted to keep my long sleeves on and rolled my leggings up instead. Let me tell you, even though I only went in to my knees, it was definitely more than enough plunging for me! A few of the people on our team went all out and dipped their heads under. Braver than me, that's for sure.
All in all, it was a great day! I was able to raise money and give my time (and body heat) for a really amazing cause. It was also really fun to hang out with some of my coworkers outside of an elementary school!
4 comments:
Wow! Congrats on participating in the plunge! That's such a great cause.
One of my friends did the plunge! Brrr, how cold were you??
Wow, what a great cause to take the plunge for! Go you for accomplishing this. It must have been a little bit cold, right? Hope your week is going well hun!
Your blog is so cute :) Just found it from the Seattle Smith's!
Post a Comment