Friday, April 30, 2010

Facebook Rant

I'm sorry ladies but I just need to vent for a moment...

I have been a loyal Facebook user since freshman year of college, in 2004. I loved that I could "stalk" all of my friends and find out what was going on in their lives, even when we were far away from each other. I loved that I could contact a huge number of people all at once and even plan parties and other events all in once spot! (And we all know what a huge fan of planning I am...) I even loved it when they opened Facebook up to non-college students, because that just meant that I could re-connect, or stay connected, with even MORE of my friends!

The one thing I hate, loathe, can.not.stand. about Facebook though, are the CONSTANT CHANGES. I feel like, literally, every month something else has changed on Facebook. Whether it be the main home page, your personal profile, layouts, the addition of Mafias or farms or what have you, they are constantly "upgrading" this website.

This post might just show how much a ::ahem:: loser I am, in that I am on Facebook quite frequently. But, when you're on a website as often as I am on the good 'ol FB, you get used to things and when they are re-arranged, it's quite irritating. But, you get used to it and it's like the old Facebook never existed.

Today, however, Facebook crossed. the. line. with their ever loving changes.

This morning (at 6 AM, hair wet and waiting to be dried so that I could rush off to work, mind you) I logged on, intending to quickly check my messages and any overnight notifications. Well, I got a strange little popup showing that I could join a fan page for each of my listed interests, jobs, music and movie preferences, etc. etc. Well, I don't like my page all cluttered up with that mess so I declined this invitation and attempted to go about my quick Facebook visit. Until I realized that declining meant Facebook DELETED ALL OF MY PROFILE INFORMATION.

I was shocked, appalled and downright MAD! How could they do this? My cleverly put together list of interests, my painstakingly ordered list of music, the very difficult decision on favorite TV shows... all gone. Luckily, this profile change did not occur on my Facebook app for my new Droid, so I was able to re-create these carefully crafted masterpieces lists, but I promise you my friends, Facebook did not make it easy. I won't go into details but I'm pretty much over Facebook for the time being. I might even complain... as if it will make a difference. Bigger is always better, right?

Well, ladies, I hope that you all are having a better start to your weekend than I am! Enjoy the sunshine of late spring!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

A-freaking-men.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Preach it sister! The same thing happened to me the other day and I hate how the new info part looks.

Sarah said...

Oh my lordy!!! That is soo wrong! I would complain because chances are you won't be the only one who had this problem!
I only just joined FB earlier this year (bit slow on the uptake I know lol) but in just under 6 months I think it has been chopped and changed about well, 6 times- it is crazyyyy!!!!!

Btw, thank you SO much for your comment on my blog and mascara recommendation!! You and your blog is gorgeous : )