I've been so busy (and sicky) this week that I haven't been able to find the time to write a good entry for last week's Formal in Ocean City. But, as I put off going to the gym this lovely Saturday morning, here it is; hope you enjoy!
We got a late start down to OC because Antonio got a late, add on case and didn't

get off of work until like 9 at night! What a bummer! But, I tried to remind myself that I was going to my most favorite place - the beach! How could I really be mad that we got started a little later than planned to go to the BEACH??? We even got to stop at the new
SONIC on our way. Maryland does not have many Sonic Drive In's. When I went to Georgia a few years ago, I fell in love with Sonic and crave it everytime those dumb commercials come on! I was stoked to get a yummy corn dog and cherry limeade as a late night snack!
Well, when we got down there around 12:30, everyone was pretty tired or already sleeping, so we didn't do much. I was starting to feel sicky,
but had convinced myself that it was just allergies again, so I headed to bed to re-energize myself for the next day...
Saturday

I forced myself to wake up for a sunrise, and it was definitely worth it. After getting back to bed for a few hours, we woke up pretty early and headed straight for the beach. It was beautiful weather: sunny and 70. We took a walk in the
freezing cold waves, and wandered up and down the boardwalk, laughing at all the funny t shirt designs. This is one of my favorite things for us to do together: just be us, with no responsibilities or places to get to, and laugh and relax.

Anyway, after our beach visit, we met up with one of Antonio's frat brothers and his girlfriend for a yummy crabcake lunch. I really really wanted some beautiful purple jewelry to match my dress, so we went back down to the boardwalk on a mission. Our mission was slightly interrupted by the discovery of a
Candy Kitchen and the purchasing of my fave fave fave chocolate covered strawberries! I didn't end up finding any purple jewelry but I did get a great deal on a silver sand dollar pendant and earring set! Sans purple jewels, we went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner and the night ahead!
Dinner was amazing!

It was at the hotel restaurant, which we were a little iffy about, but let me tell you-it was GOOOOD. Antonio and I both ordered the filet, and it was delish. We also got some yummy chocolate strawberry tuxedo cake to finish off the yummy meal. Three of my own sisters also date boys in the fraternity and I loved getting to spend some time with them!
Don't we look super hot together?
After dinner, everyone paraded across the street to the
Galaxy 66 Bar, where we had a special rooftop open bar set up. It was FREEEEZING up there, but still very cool and I felt very swanky! I spent some time trying to relax and have a glass of wine, but I was unfortunately starting to feel worse. But, I knew this weekend was important to Antonio so I pushed through; we danced
(or at least I tried to in those fabulous, but painful, purple peep toe heels) and drank and I caught up with my sisters some more.
By about 12:30, however, my body was screaming at me; between my aching feet and the growing cold inside of me, I was dunzo. Let's suffice it to say that Antonio was not exactly, um, happy that I wanted to leave. We ended up attempting to visit Denny's for a late night breakfast, but there was a wait and I just couldn't take it anymore! I needed a bed! Stat!
Sunday morning, we woke up and decided to have a laid back last

day at the beach. I realized that my ailments were more than just allergies and grabbed up some loopy-inducing cold meds.We visited one of our favorite cheesy souvenir stores, Sea Shell City. Then we had lunch at my favorite bar/restaurant in Ocean City:
Seacrets! It was delicious and relaxing. We topped off the day with some more chocolate covered strawberries (don't judge) and started out on the long ride home. We stopped at Sonic yet again, even though I couldn't taste it this time because of the cold. I'm sure it was still delicious. Despite a few speed bumps and poopy moods, it was a good weekend away with my wonderful boyfriend!
By the way, in case you've been keeping track, this is post numero 95! That's almost 100! I've got something pretty great coming up for post number 100, so stay tuned!!!
6 comments:
Sounds like a very fun, relaxing weekend. I love getting together with the sorority girls...if only my boyfriend had been in a fraternity to still go to formals. Fun!!
I'm sorry that you got sick in the middle of such a fun weekend! I love that dress, where did you get it?? Fabulous!
I got it from Macy's on sale! It was such a lucky find - last one left on the clearance rack!
Y'all looked super hott! Yowza!
You look so gorgeous! And that sunrise looks amazinggg!
Thanks so much for the mascara tip :)
I am glad that you had such a nice time, I love the beach, especially since I live in CA! Nice shots and enjoy your fun in the sun! :) Thanks also for your sweet comment. I've been following your blog and enjoy it!
Post a Comment