Thursday, May 6, 2010

Am I the only one?

I have something to share with you. This is something I don't usually share with people. I'm coming out of the closet... quite literally:

This is my closet. (I don't know why it won't upload right side up, and it's too late to try to fix it. Maybe tomorrow.) Anyway, I've always been a lover of clothes. I can't help myself; when I find a good deal I must snag it. If it's flattering, or the last one in that color, size, store, etc. I figure why not? In general, I like to think that I'm also pretty good at keeping my abundance of attire neat and orderly in my teeny tiny closet (and three full sized dressers....). I must admit, however, that the sheer volume of clothing I own is sometimes embarrassing. I'm the queen of taking an extra shirt or pair of jeans "just in case". Just in case of what, exactly, I have no idea.

The amount of clothes or the way that they are jam packed and stuffed into the closet are not the true issue I'm divulging to you tonight, blog friends. If you take a peek at the left side of that photo above, you'll notice my jeans. Now, I'm pretty OCD about my jeans, since I used to work at American Eagle and the jean wall was my baby. But, if you take the time to count, you'll find 16 pairs. Plus the pair in my gym bag from earlier, plus the pair that was added on tonight...

Again, I'll say I can't help it. Jeans are such a hard thing for me to buy. For awhile earlier this year, I was really starting to find myself becoming depressed over my looks and body image when NONE of my go-to jeans or jean brands were working out for me. When I find a brand or cut that actually fits, I buy up as many pairs as I can afford. And if those particular jeans happen to go on sale, forget about it...

Am I the only one who has this jean obsession? Do you celebrate and thank the Heavens above when you find a pair that actually fit AND look cute? Am I the only one with 18 pairs of jeans in her already packed closet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so with you!! I buy buy buy and love it all!! If there's a good deal or a great piece, I'll buy two! I feel you on the need for an "extra" and the fact that I'm not sure what might happen either, lol!

Here's to keeping the shopping habit and getting bigger closets!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I have the hardest time finding jeans to fit me and are the right length, so when I find them, I buy them! I have a lot of pairs too!

Brittany Ann said...

Amen sister! Jeans are the hardest thing to fit me, so when I find some that do, I snap them up quick quick quick!