Friday, July 30, 2010

N.E.P.A.

One of the most important things I learned in college was not in a classroom. It was from my good friend, Lauren. She taught me the importance of N.E.P.A. - Non Exercise Physical Activity! It is so important to stay active, even when you can't bring yourself to actually get up and go to the gym. Antonio and I are huge fans of N.E.P.A. and we indulged in a gym free bike ride while we were in Florida!
We rented some beach bikes on Sunday night and headed off to the drum circle. It was a nice, relaxing ride but it started to storm on the way home, so we had to cut it a bit short. Monday morning, we woke up extra early and headed out to the beach! We rode along the sand before almost anyone else was out there; it was so relaxing and beautiful.We also got to see some more of those cool lifeguard stands and some people doing yoga on the beach! If I liked yoga a little more, I might have joined in. Hmm... maybe I'd like it more on the beach...Then, Antonio took me down to a secret little cove he discovered earlier in the week. It was like it was just our little place - it was so pretty! And there were lots of little fishies!
After that, we headed to a delicious little breakfast/lunch cafe. I had the most AMAZING Sweet Potato Pancakes with pecan butter on top. If anyone has a recipe PLEASE send it my way ASAP. Antonio had waffles with pecans and bacon. A little different but still pretty yummy!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I love that cruiser! So cute :) I've never rode bikes on the beach but it sure sounds fun!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like it was a great morning together.