Well, it's unfortunately almost that time again... back to school. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job and the people I work with. I also love organizing and decorating and getting ready for a whole new group of kids but... I really love the summertime, and sunshine, and being tan and free time and not having responsibilities!
To prepare I've, of course, been doing quite a bit of shopping. As I mentioned before, I am going out on a limb and trying my first ever theme this year. I finally feel like I'm ready enough for the beginning of the year, that I can put some energy into a theme. I've chosen the beach! I've been able to pick up a ton of fishy and beachy fabrics to hang around the room and make curtains and table clothes out of. I've also learned that when you tell the people around you that you're going to be doing a themed room, the gifts start piling up. Among other things, I am the proud new owner of a fish tank! (I'll save my master plan for that until I have pictures to go along with it)
Fellow teachers know that Oriental Trading is a teacher's best friend. Things are pretty cheap and lots of items come in bulk. Last week, I went a little crazy online, but came away with some really cute finds like seashell lights, and even hula skirts for the trash can!!!
In addition to buying anything and everything beach related, as well as half of the Wal Mart 15 cent notebooks and pencils, I've been looking at a lot of great teacher blogs for some new, inspiring ideas lately. I always feel so impressed (and slightly inadequate) when I look at some of these blogs. These ladies are so creative and talented! And, even though most of these ladies teach younger grades than I do, their tips are helpful even in the higher grades! Here are a few of my favorites:
Chalk Talk: A Kindergarten Blog
Excuse Me Mrs. C!
First Grader...At Last!
Littlest Learners/Clutter Free Classroom
If you are a teacher in need of cute ideas, or just some simple inspiration, go check them out!
So, now that I've blabbed about my classroom, do you all have any ideas for it? Any super awesome beach theme ideas? I'd love to hear them!
1 comment:
I bet your room is going to be the best! It sounds like you've got some fantastic things and ideas!
Post a Comment