Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rollin... Rollin... Rollin on the River...

This weekend, I got to do something that I haven't done since I was a kid. I went river tubing! This is not the high speed scary tubing that you do from the back of a boat. This kind of tubing is MUCH more relaxing...

On Friday and Saturday, a big group of my co-workers and I headed up to the Gunpowder River, loaded up our coolers, and rented us some big, squishy inner tubes.


It was very relaxing to just float along, enjoy the sunshine, some good beers and great company. Even getting stuck on rocks and random tree branches was funny! I definitely recommend it to everyone who hasn't tried it yet already! Here are some pics:

The waterproof camera definitely came in handy and made some great memories. I was super bummed when I came out of the river and found a dent in the front cover on Friday. I'm also a little disappointed that the pink coloring is chipping off of the front, after only having the camera less than a month. I know the dent is my fault but, the color should not be chipping off so quickly. I have a waranty and I'm thinking about taking it back to complain... what do you all think?

I love that I've made so many great friends at my new school. I remember being SO NERVOUS! to change schools at the beginning of last year, but now, I can't imagine working anywhere else!

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That does look fun! Glad you had a great time. As for the camera, I think I'd take it back because if that's only after a month of use think what it'll be like in a few more months.

LW said...

Linda and I are doing this soon!!! lol glad you had a good time!