Day 3 - Your idea of the perfect first date.
Antonio and I did not have a very glamorous first date. I actually give him a hard time about it all the time. We were supposed to just hang out and watch movies together so I was not looking at all put together. I show up at his house and he tells me his friends (who I had never met before, mind you) invited us out to Annapolis for some drinks and we should go! Well, how can I say no? I'm trying to make a good first impression! So, we get downtown and I realize I. LEFT. MY. ID. AT. HOME. Uh hello? I was supposed to be watching freaking movies! What did I need my id for??? Anyway, Antonio ended up knowing a bartender so things worked out and we ended up staying up talking until about 4 AM. It was honestly really great.
However, another of our early dates ended up being pretty perfect. It was around Christmas time and Antonio told me he had a secret date planned for me. Just the idea that he had gone through the trouble of planning something, especially for me, without my knowing made me feel pretty special and added to the perfectness.
We headed over to Starbucks and got some coffees. Then, we drove to a park where they were holding one of those light shows that you drive through and OHHH and AHHH at through the windows. We got to enjoy some pretty Christmas lights, delicious coffee, AND got to know each other a little better.
To make things even more perfect, it was SNOWING! Now, you all know how much I hate snow or cold weather. However, it really set the scene and made the atmosphere all the more perfect! It's also where we took our first picture as a couple together:
1 comment:
Aw, well I think it's great that even though the first date didn't go as planned that it ended up great!
Post a Comment