Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Is this nerdy?

Even though I've technically already posted today via my 30 Day Challenge, is it too too nerdy of me to post a second time?

This week's topic is...

Your top two favorite old photos!

I mean, I saw this week's Top Two Tuesday on Jennifer's blog at Crazy Shenanigans and you know I love me some pictures... so who cares if its nerdy?? I'm doing it!

It's so hard to pick just two but this one immediately come to my mind! This photo just tells such a great story! Can't you just FEEL the fun and the love? This is from the end of my senior year of college, right before all of the graduating Phi Mu seniors went out on a bar crawl to celebrate our alumni status! I special ordered us all these beautiful blue shirts. On the back it said "I live for the nights that turned into mornings with the friends that turned into family" - a great quote to describe my feelings about my sisters. The three of us even tried to re-enact this photo the other night. It could not be given justice. Also, yes, I had neon pink hair...

This is my college cheerleading team right after our basketball team won our conference championship. That was such a great year for our team, which we had only started the previous year. We were all so close and determined to get our college community to take us seriously on campus. I often regret the way I left this team, but at least I know I had some great memories while I was there.

I love looking back at old pictures. They remind you of how much you've seen and felt in your life, while also giving you the knowledge that the best is yet to come! One thing is for sure though, as I discussed with a close friend recently, I definitely did NOT appreciate being in college when I was able to take advantage of it...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So much fun! It's always great to look back at old photos...love the memories!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, now I'm wishing I would have put up one of my Phi Mu photos!!!