Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Girl Can Dream Can't She?

Day 7 - Your dream wedding.

Even though this probably won't be happening for years, due to the fact that SO many people around me are having and planning weddings lately (and to the fact that I'm a GIRL, duh), I have some ideas about what I'd like on my big day.

Obviously, I want a beach wedding, but not your traditional one. I would prefer to be in someone's yard on the Chesapeake Bay. I would also REALLY loooove to have my wedding at this lighthouse, even though it's like an hour and half away from my house and my mom keeps saying that's too far to ask people to drive :(
There's even a cute little chapel/schoolhouse on the land. Of course it wouldn't be big enough to actually get married in but would make for some great photos! The beach is on one side and lovely rock wall on the other. The other super cool thing is that you can actually go INSIDE the lightkeeper's house for indoor bathrooms, kitchen and a place to keep the food buffet and cake. Which might look something like this:
I also of course have some ideas for the flowers ...I LOVE hydrangeas and they look so great mixed with the lilies! I would probably prefer white hydrangeas with purple lilies (Not so much the green dresses though...) Even though I don't like the colors, I think the idea of starfish mixed in the flowers is super cute.

One of the most important parts of planning a wedding are the little touches like these:
Obviously my colors would mainly be purple and cream but I think if done in the right way, some highlights of peachy/coral or green could go nicely too. The only thing I haven't thought much about is the bridal gown... Antonio is shocked anytime I say this but I always tell him that I've never had a wedding dress on! How am I supposed to know which styles look best?

Anyway, this is all just rambling of a silly girl at this point. If you stick with me for the next few years, you might get a chance to actually see it. I'm not entirely sad about it though, because just looking through Google images for these pictures make me feel overwhelmed enough! I couldn't imagine actually planning one right now!

2 comments:

Marian said...

Um, your idea of your perfect wedding is perfect!! I love your ideas

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I think all of that sounds like a great idea for a wedding!