Monday, October 25, 2010

Time

Everyone says it but time really does fly. One year ago today, I lost one of the single most important people in my life - my Mom Mom.

I cannot believe that it has been an entire year since I've gotten to talk to her about her most recent bingo game or what my students are learning. She used to love hearing about my class and not I don't have many people willing, let alone excited, to listen.

Even a year later, I find myself planning a spot for her in the car or at the dinner table at holidays.

We've slowly gotten through all the firsts: our first Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthdays without her. We made it through what would have been her 84th birthday without her. And now, the first anniversary of the hole that's been created in my heart. But just because we've gotten through the firsts, it doesn't mean the rest will be easier. It still feels like something's missing.

I know she's my Angel now. I know that I am so lucky that I got 23 years with her and have all those years of memories until I see her again.

No comments: