Monday, October 18, 2010

Two Years Seems Like Much Longer Ago

It feels like two years should have been SO much longer ago. I started looking back through my pictures from Fall 2008 and realized, Holy crap. I was about to freaking graduate. I almost had a real life job. I had already gone alum from Phi Mu and pretty much left college behind. Time really does fly I tell ya. On the upside, I was about to meet my Antonio in November. Which also does NOT seem like it should be two whole years ago!

Anyway, today's blogging topic is... Day 5 - A photo of yourself two years ago.

I decided to share a couple:Lauren and I spent the day at UMBC one day when I didn't have to student teach for some reason... At this point, I think I was a little lost. I wasn't quite out of college yet, but since I was student teaching every day and living at home, I wasn't quite in college either. I was single, with no prospects on the horizon and I was having a really hard time finding my way. I hadn't figured out where I belonged yet and I was sort clinging to my college days still. By the way check out that ultra short (and not by choice, thanks to Hair Cuttery effing my layers up) hair cut. Wowzers.This one is from when I was still working at that awful restaurant I wasted my college years away at (not bitter or anything). This was during my regular Sunday shift that I worked EVERY freaking week. It seems like ages and ages ago that I was working day to day, not knowing how much I would walk away with at the end of a shift. As crappy as that waitressing job was, it definitely was fun and I loved the people I worked with.

Honestly, It doesn't seem like two years was so recent. I feel like so much has happened and I have grown so much since then. I was a bit of a lost soul at that point. I didn't know where I fit. But now, I know that I'm in the right place in my life. It might not always FEEL like it, but I am.

No comments: