Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Back from the Wild Wild West

I know, I've left you all hanging but YES I did in fact make it back from Arizona! I haven't had a lot of time to post about it, mostly because I recently accepted a new position which I'm very excited and nervous for. But, more about that later.

I absolutely LOVED Arizona. The weather was just perfect all the time, everyone was SO FRIENDLY, and it was just a great, laidback atmosphere. The only thing missing was a beach! My friends, Jaime and Mike, showed me around all the best places during our short, but much needed, vacation to the left side of the country.
This was my first In-N-Out experience and also my first meal in AZ. Definitely impressed.

We started out with a tour of Mike's alma mater, Arizona State University! It was such a pretty campus, full of these huge palm trees and some interesting cacti.


The next morning, we headed out to the ranch to ride some cute horsies. This was my first horsey experience and it was a pretty good one! I was just amazed at the views EVERYWHERE you looked. There were mountains like I've never seen in my life and so many cacti!


Later in the week, we went to old town Scottsdale. It was like a little old western town with some AWESOME shopping. I got some great jewelry finds and souvenirs as well as my very own, authentic COWBOY BOOTS! I love them already! So comfy AND stylish. We finished that night with some DE-LIC-IOUS and authentic Mexican food. I went with some Huevos Rancheros. The Mexicans also had some pretty necessary signs around their establishment...

On the last day of our trip, we went for a day trip to Flagstaff. I didn't get a ton of great photos in the city, but it was great. It's basically a little hippie, college town full of amazing art, jewelry and food. The best part, though, was the scenery during the ride. Mike took us home through and beautiful canyon and Sedona, and the views were literally breathtaking...
All in all, it was a pretty awesome trip. I learned that Arizona definitely has THE best fast food. Which is honestly, pretty good for my waist band I guess. Hopefully I will get to get back out there soon, since Jaime and Mike plan to move this summer!

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like you had a great vacation! I love those boots you've got on. And In N Out?!?! That place is amazing!!!