Whenever I'm not sure who I should ask for advice, I head over to the old bloggy. And you lovely ladies are such a diverse group, with so many different experiences and knowledge that I always get some sort of good advice.
So, as you know, I am trying to be more of an independent grown up lately. I have a longish term plan and am looking into moving out of the old parentals. Well, there comes the big question: to rent or to buy? I know there are pros and cons to both and I am leaning toward buying, mostly because of financial pros. But, is it worth it? Do I "settle" for what I can afford for now and hope to move to our dream home in the future? Or do I rent (without being able to save money because any extra money is going to rent! ugh!) and wait for a little while longer?
What do you pretty ladies think? What did you all do?
3 comments:
Buying is a huge commitment...but I think if you find something that you like, then you should go for it. Your money is actually going towards an investment and you'll be able to get back more in taxes. However, if the search doesn't find anything that you love in your price range, you can always just hold off and rent. We recently bought our first place and though it is far from my dream house...its our first home. I know I'll eventually want to move out of the city and live in a house with a white picket fence and land, but right now I'm enjoying having a place of our own that we can put our own touches in and call home
I would go for buying because no matter if you sale it again eventually for something bigger at least you'll be spending your money on something that will be yours eventually.
I agree with Crazy Shenanigans-- put your money toward something that could one day be yours! It's a big commitment, and stressful, but so worth it. Good luck!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you're having a great week!
Post a Comment