Wednesday, July 27, 2011

If Anyone Still Cares... I'M BAAAACK

Hi there blogging world - long time no see!!! I'm not sure anyone still cares but I'm back from my four month blogging hiatus. I can't really explain what made me stop. Life got very hectic and stressful and I just didn't feel very organized or centered or whatever. But I'm back and I'm ready to get to know my blog friends again!

So, what have I been doing all this time? Let's review in photos...

MARCH
My students and I made it through MSA! So, we celebrated with a St. Patrick's Day party! (In case anyone cares - results are in and my students did FABULOUS! Only one basic in the class! WOOHOO!)

APRIL
I celebrated a week of freedom from work by taking a Spring Break trip to HOGWARTS and DISNEY WORLD! Even though I know Hogwarts isn't technically a "real" place, it was still so cool to see the things I've been imagining as I read in real life! And Butterbeer was AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS. And, I mean, who can really complain about Disney World ever?

MAY
As a VERY honored and proud bridesmaid, I watched not one but two of my best friends get married this spring. Jaime and Mike were married on May 14th in Annapolis. Lauren and Brian made it official on May 28th at a beautiful lighthouse in Havre de Grace.oh, and I moved out of my parents house. No big deal... Antonio and I decided to take the plunge and move in together. We're renting a townhouse close by to where we both grew up. It's been difficult learning how to live together but I think we're figuring it out pretty well now.

JUNE
You all are going to think I'm a total sap, but the most important thing that happened to me in June was having to say goodbye to my students. I've told everyone that even through five student teaching classes and three classes of my own, this has been my favorite group of kids by far. We all meshed together so well as a group and they were just the sweetest, funniest, responsible students. I know, I know - I'm a big ol' softy. The hardest part is that being on a military post, I won't see a lot of them next year. So this year's goodbye was for good.
JULY
After Lauren and Brian were married, the sadly had to move away to Savannah Georgia. The upside is that now I have a really awesome place to vacation while also spending time with my best friend! I spent a little less than a week with Laur while she showed me around her new home. We visited Historic Savannah and went on a ghost tour, tanned (burned) at Tybee Island and even spent some time in Hilton Head, SC. And of course we ate at Paula Deen's Restaurant, The Lady and Sons!


Oh, and since she was the one that got me so into Harry Potter, I thought it only appropriate that we go to the final midnight showing together.
So, that's what I've been up to all this time. I know it doesn't seem like much, but hopefully I'll be able to get back into this. Fingers crossed!


2 comments:

Brittany said...

I also took a long blogging break! 5 yrs.. geez.

Welcome back! :)

Congrats on moving in with your bf. Hope everything works out!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Welcome back!!! That's great news about moving in together!