Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Welcome to My Mess!

Yes, friends, I am still around! I have been meaning to share photos of my classroom and link up for Teacher Tuesday (yes, I know it's Wednesday) for literally weeks. But, then there was a hurricane and a death in my family that kept me from school for quite some time...

Anyways, here they are! As you can tell, I decided to stick with the Beach theme again this year. Teaching in a "pod" or open air school was definitely a new experience for me when I moved schools three years ago. It definitely has its own pros and cons, especially when it comes to decorating, but I've decided that I just love my pod! I get to sneak a peek at what my teammates are doing and can easily pop my head around the divider for a quick chat. So, without further ado... welcome to my mess!


My classroom from "afar"

My desk area (yes, it is possible to have a huge mess after only 8 days of work)

My front table area - document camera, projector, computer and plenty of MARKERS!

Library area with my new Treasures focus wall (I just love fabric as bulletin board covering!!!)

Workshop/small group area (my favorite space in the room!)

Reading and Writing Center

Math Center

Thinking Maps, Student Work and our class information station

Computer center

Testing taking strategies corner

Outcomes board and word wall


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great!! I will have a small version of the open classroom experience this year since I'm sharing a class with another reading teacher... It should be interesting!! :)

Thanks for linking up! Hope you can again this week!!