Every year, Antonio and I buy an ornament together. It's sort of a silly tradition, but it's ours. Well, this year we weren't especially thrilled with any of the options at the kiosk in the mall, so I started searching Pin boards to find one we could make together. Finally, I found it: a fingerprint ornament!
Using regular, plain ball Christmas ornaments, a white paint pen, Sharpie and acrylic paints, we created a one of a kind personalized ornament!
I started with a plain dark blue ball. You could use any color, but I just loved the thought of the white paint on this dark background. These are also on sale at Michael's for like $5 right now by the way!
Then, using our thumbs, middle fingers and pinkies, Antonio and I each printed our own snowmen onto the balls.

Using a white paint pen, I added our names and the date. Using a fine tip Sharpie, I added the eyes, mouth and arms. It was so much easier than trying to paint all those little dots! Finally, with the acrylic paints, I added carrot noses and some cute scarves and hats.
I was so happy with the way this project turned out and I had a bunch of extra ornaments, since i had to buy a whole pack. So, I decided to keep going! Sorry if some parts are blurry, but these are some homemade Christmas presents and I don't want any surprises ruined! But, notice the one on the bottom left has a whole family of snow people!
This project was so simple, yet I think they turned out so professional looking! I am so proud of my crafting prowess this week!
2 comments:
I love those!! I hadn't seen that pin on pinterest. It looks like yours turned out sooo good!
Those are adorable! I might have to try making my own
Post a Comment