The past two years or so, I've been very back and forth with my weight. I gained a lot of weight due in part to an anxiety medication I took in college and in (more) part to my unhealthy eating habits and lack of physical activity after graduation. But, after breaking down and buying all new clothes in a size or two up, I thought I had come to terms with the fact that this is just part of getting older. We can't all be skinny Minnies forever.
Then, earlier this month, I went on an amazing trip. A friend of mine is getting married in April and instead of going to regular go out, get drunk, stumble home bachelorette party route, she decided to have a long weekend cruise! It was my first cruise and I don't know if it was because of the wonderful people I spent it with, the amazing Bahamian sunshine or because I didn't have anything else to compare it to... but it was THE FREAKING BEST. Here are some pics...


It was these pictures that mostly drove me to really find some sort of solution to my unhappiness with my weight. Now, before anyone starts leaving angry comments, I KNOW I'M NOT THAT BIG. I know there are people with weight issues far surpassing mine who have been dealing with them for most of their lives. But, I'm not happy with myself and this is my blog, where I'm allowed to talk about it.
So anyway, my aunt has spent the last 3-4 years losing over 100 pounds on Weight Watchers. I always though WW was for older women or like incredibly overweight people. But then after watching Katie's journey through WW, my mind starting changing a little... Honestly if you don't follow her blog, go over and do it now. Her transformation has been incredible. And the best part? She wasn't so big to begin with AND she's not an old lady!
I've tried working out and eating "healthy" but I'm not really sure I know what healthy is anymore, with all the reduced fat, low sugar, blah blah blah out there today. So, last Sunday March 10th, I officially started my own Weight Watchers journey.
I'm hoping that blogging about my process will not only keep my on track, but also help me to see the changes that are (or aren't) happening with my body. So, without further ado, here are my before pictures... Ignore the nasty face I'm making please....

Hopefully this will be where I can blog about my ups, downs, and post more transformational pictures!!!!
EDIT: I saw a few other bloggers do this and I thought it could be a good idea... My motivation picture, from August 2007 I think:
2 comments:
Thanks for your sweet comment and you can totally do it - keep up the great work girl! :) Motivational pictures are definitely helpful. I need to do that.
Good luck! You can totally do it! Welcome back!
Post a Comment