Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloweenie

Happy Halloween everyone! I know I'm a day late but we've had a pretty busy weekend! I've been trying to do as much as possible to get my mind off of everything that's happened this week. I must say, it's worked pretty well. My friends and Phi Mu sisters have been MORE than supportive and helpful in that mission. I am so lucky and grateful for my absolutely amazing support system. My Mom Mom would be so happy to know that so many people were around to love and take care of me. Anyway, on to more cheerful events!

On Tuesday, my niece, Antonio and I carved out pumpkins. Kameron decided on a super cute clown face, while Antonio and I went for a little bit of a challenge. Last week, Lauren posted some SUPER adorable Ravens pumpkin carving templates and I knew immediately that was what my pumpkin was going to be! Not to be outdone, Antonio scoured the internet and finally came across a (lame) Redskins template. I ended up having to cut the middle portion out of mine because it was just a little too thin but I think all three turned out great!

Friday, I went back to work. The kids were all dressed for a "Book Character Parade". Most of the teachers dressed as 101 Dalmations, but since I hadn't been there since Monday, I opted for a Thing 2 t-shirt, thanks to my good friend Kristi. There were a lot of really cute and creative costumes. It was a good break from the usual day of learning! That night, Antonio and I went to a house party at one of his fraternity brothers' houses. We decided that it wasn't worth it to go downtown, with 308,989,098 (a rough estimate) other people on Halloween weekend. It turned out to be a pretty fun night! Antonio and I wore matching Greek God/Goddess costumes and some of my sisters that I don't see very often were there, so we got to catch up a little bit.

Saturday, I spent the day agonizing over what my costume would be for the night. We were going back to the same fraternity brothers', so obviously I couldn't wear the same costume two nights in a row. Antonio borrowed some of my brother's firefighter running gear, so he was pretty much set. I bounced around between hula dancer, doctor, sexy teacher and about 10 other useless ideas. Inspiration finally struck when I saw an old (and AMAZING) formal dress that I've been looking for an excuse to wear again. Suddenly it hit me: PROM QUEEN! I dug up an old homecoming tiara and made a make-shift sash out of fabric. I got a ton of compliments and felt so elegant on an otherwise ::ahem:: trashy-ish wardrobed night. I get so irritated that, like Mean Girls says, Halloween has become, in a lot of places, just an excuse for girls to wear way-too-short skirts and overly revealing tops. Also, I felt like my costume was clever and looked totally hot, without being too revealing!

Today I went to a Vera Bradley/Longaberger basket bingo with my mom, aunt, and Shannon. I won FOUR TIMES! Bingo was my Mom Mom's favorite activity and I definitely think she was there with me. Sadly, though, I won all baskets and no Vera. On the other hand, I won a few pretty expensive (useless) baskets and I'm looking into selling them on eBay! PS: Does anyone KNOW how to sell things on eBay?? ;o)

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

Yay, exciting that you won bingo! I've bought things on eBay but never sold them...it can't be that hard though!

Also I love that you did the pumpkins and they look beautiful (I would say except Antonio's but even that one looks cute) :)

Ams said...

Just popped onto your blog... mostly because you're Ambs... and I am Ams ;)
Looks like you had a great Halloween weekend!