As I was scanning the blogs while being snowed in this weekend, I happened upon this super cute "chain blog topic" (yes, I think I just made that up - but it totally makes sense!) posted by
Kell. Luckily, I checked which picture I'd be using before committing myself to this blog post, just in case it was one of those all too frequent ugly/awkward/ridiculous ones I have floating around my computer... Here are your instructions and my story. Enjoy!
1.Open your 1st Photo folder.
2.Scroll to the 10th photo.
3.Post the photo & the story behind it.

This is a photo of (almost) my entire family on the day I graduated from college. From the top left it is my brother, my mom, my dad, Aunt Toni, Kameron, me and my Mom Mom. All that's missing is the sister in law, other niece and new nephew. This was really special day for me, since I worked extra hard to get that degree - I had to complete all the requirements for an English major PLUS earn my Early Childhood Education certification, all while working 10-20 hours a week, taking part in the Varsity Cheerleading team, and staying active in Phi Mu. I was one busy lady for those 4 1/2 years!
This is even more special because it is one of the last times I got to have my entire family, my
Mom Mom included, all together to celebrate. I know that my whole family, but especially my Mom Mom, was so proud of me. I had finally accomplished something that no one else in my family had before. She got to see me graduate from college AND become a real life teacher 3 weeks later! When I'm sad and missing her, I can think back to this day and remember how happy she was for me and how I am so grateful for her being able to share such a special, important day with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment