Lately, it seems as though everyone around me either has, or is expecting a baby! As I told you all
before, my Phi Mu
little is expecting her first little girl in January and another one of my Phi Mu sisters just had a little boy in November. And one of my coworkers, who actually shares a 1/2 wall with me (I teach in an open space school, so there aren't any real walls/doors/etc.) is going to be having a beautiful baby girl in May! So, imagine my surprise when in early November a good friend of mine from the (ahem:: AWFUL ::ahem) restaurant I worked out throughout high school and college collected our group to announce her pregnancy!
As I said, a little o

ver a month ago, my good friend Adrienne asked myself and our other two friends, Megan and Katie, to dinner, we assumed it was a typical Hef (what we like to call ourselves... don't ask) get together. However, when she arrived, we could tell that she was ready to burst with something. In late October, Adrienne found out that she would be delivering a bouncing baby boy... in MID JA

NUARY! Needless to say, this little miracle wasn't
exactly planned, but definitely an exciting addition to our little group!
We scrambled to get things, and a baby shower with the help of Adrienne's sister, together for Adrienne and baby Boy. Last weekend, we were able to spend an afternoon together, celebrating the new life that Adrienne will soon be bringing to us! We played some fun games, ate delicious food, and OOOHed and AHHHed and AWWWed while Adrienne and her boyfriend opened at least 25 adorable baby boy outfits.
Earlier this week, before the Storm of the Century hit in our area, The Hefs got together at for our annual Christma

s dinner. Every year during dinner, we talk about the things that have happened and changed in our lives this year, as well as the things we're hoping for in the year ahead. This year, we had a TON to talk about: Megan
got married in September, Katie is engaged and will have her wedding in July, Adrienne will be a new Mommy in less than a month, and I finally landed my dream job as a real life elementary school teacher! It would be selfish to say that I was a little bummed that my "big change" had to do with my career, rather than my love life or a new family, but on the other hand, I saw a dream I've had since I was a little girl come true this year. A big accomplishment if you ask me (even if it doesn't include a diamond ring...)

At the end of dinner, we contemplated whether we might have two babies (or at least one more on the way) at our next Hef Christmas dinner, or if Adrienne or myself would be the next to get hitched. I knew for sure that I was so happy for all three of my friends for the amazing lives they've created for themselves, and their new families.
3 comments:
She looks so cute!! Who just had a boy?? I'm so out of the loop! Or do you mean phi mu adrienne? I knew she was preggo I just didn't know his arrival had come here already! Yay for boys, I know so many people having girls lol!!
Yep Nolan is here courtesy of the other Adrienne and Fabian :o)
I think Phi Mu is breeding tons of little phi mu's right now. Tons of girls from my old chapter are either having or have had a baby within the last year!
Post a Comment