Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Welcoming My New Little Man


First and foremost, THANK YOU for the kind, encouraging words on my last post. I don't usually like to get too personal on here, but I was just so overwhelmed with emotions yesterday that I had to release them somehow (that didn't involved unwarranted screaming at my friends and family). My student came back to school today and seems to be doing as well as can be expected. It's going to be a long road ahead for her family, as well as the "family" we've created for her at school... Now on to something more uplifting!

Showing His true grace, right in the middle of all this death and destruction in Haiti, God blessed one of my closest friends with a perfect, gorgeous, handsome baby boy! About a month ago, I reported to you all that one of my oldest friends, Adrienne, had her baby shower and we could be expecting baby C very soon. Well, at 6:41 yesterday morning a 7 pound bouncing baby boy was welcomed into the world! The rest of the "Hefs" (don't ask) and I went to visit C and his proud parents, and of course, had to snap about 1,001 pictures. Here are just a few of my favorites:

C and his "Auntie Hefs" adoring him already.

All of the hefs with our newest addition.

Proud Mama and Papa

Shows just how teensy he is... and his cutie face and eyes!!

C is definitely a miracle, given to us in the middle of a tragedy. It just shows that God must have some sort of a plan, and it is not our job to question it. Just embrace it - which is what I plan to do with C. I love him so much already and cannot wait to watch him grow up in a handsome young man. I could not be happier for or prouder of Adrienne and her new, growing family!


3 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, that's great! Congrats to your friend.

Brittany Ann said...

Congrats to your friends on that handsome little man!

Sierra said...

Congrats to your friend - what a darling baby!