Monday, January 25, 2010

Spontaneity

This weekend was full of some pretty spontaneous events, at least for me...

FRIDAY
My friend, Shannon, and I got all dolled up and headed out to Bamboo Bernie's to celebrate one of our sorority sisters' 24th birthday! (OK, so maybe this wasn't technically spontaneous. However, it is very rare that I go out to bars/clubs too much these days, so it was exciting nonetheless.) I had been to BB before and let me tell you, it is an interesting place. It is designed to resemble a caribbean beach club, but is not the, er, classiest of places. (If you clicked on the above link, you see what I mean.) Despite the, ahem, older crowd, bartenders/beer tub girls dressed in literal bikini tops and denim mini skirts, and definite drunk creepers, we had a really great time! Once you are able to embrace your surroundings, BB is a good place to get good drinks and dance with friends. There was an 80's and 90's rock cover band playing and the music was great! They even had my two favorite drinks: Orange Crush AND Bud Light Lime in an aluminum can! It doesn't hurt that it's pretty central to most of our sisters' houses either! It was great to relive some of my old college memories of going out, literally, every Thursday and Friday night with some of my very best friends, and dancing the night away...

SATURDAY
Saturday was a pretty ordinary day. I woke up and went shopping with my mom and even got a super cute purple glass bead for my Pandora! I also picked up some cute black suede flats, that will look adorable with both jeans and dress pants. I have needed these shoes for quite some time now and at just $18, I couldn't resist. I spent most of the day doing laundry, grading papers and relaxing around the house. I did do just one spontaneous thing on Saturday however...

I purchased my very own snowboard! Antonio and I went to a local ski and snowboard shop to rent some gear for the trip we planned for Sunday and they told us that they were actually trying to sell off some of their old rental gear. At $60, I got a complete board, boots AND bindings. Now, all of these things are a little worn in, especially the boots, but even if they last me through the rest of this season, it was money well spent in my opinion! Hopefully, having my own gear will help me become more motivated to go snowboarding more often. Which brings me to Sunday...

SUNDAY
As I said, Antonio and I had planned to take a day trip to Whitetail Ski Resort. Well, when we woke up a bit groggy and saw ominous clouds outside, we weren't so sure if snowboarding was the greatest idea anymore. I know I'm not exactly that experienced in snowboarding, but I really don't think it would be too fun in the wet, cold rain. So, after going back and forth for awhile, we decided to take a spontaneous road trip to Philly for some authentic cheesesteaks! We had been talking about it for quite awhile, but anytime the idea came to us, it was usually well after midnight and obviously, way too late to act on anything. Yesterday seemed like a perfect opportunity to spend some quality time together, while eating some delicious cheesey sandwiches!

Last week, I saw the a famous cheesesteak joint on Man vs. Food, called Tony Luke's, and I was instantly craving the sirloin strips and creamy wiz cheese. Well let me tell you, the 2 hour drive was more than worth it! The sandwiches were delicious and we got to spend some serious "couple time" (Yes, mushy I know...) together in the meantime!

We had a little bit of daylight to kill once we were finished lunch, so we headed over to the historical portion of the city to wander around. We got to Independence Hall just as a guided tour was starting and we got to see some really neat things! Both of us love history, especially US History, so it was a great little day trip!

Today, I had the day off (WOOHOO!) so I slept in until almost 11! Then, I ran some errands and headed over to the gym for awhile. I much prefer the gym during the day when most people are at work. I can't wait until the summer when I can go during the day all the time! Now, I'm just hanging out waiting for Greek to start - I can't believe I didn't realize a new season started tonight!

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh my goodness!!! 60 bucks for all of that!! That's an amazing deal!