In March 2007, I went on my first real Spring Break trip to Acapulco Mexico! It was the first time I had ever been on a plane OR out of the country so I was a little nervous. I went with 4 of my good friends and sorority sisters, including two of my blogging friends Lauren and Rachel! It was an amazing trip: we spent ALL day on the beautiful beaches and all night out partying! I wish I could go back soon...too bad we all have grown up lives these days...
A few years ago, I went on vacation with my real life friend, Lauren's family to Ocean City. My family doesn't really go on summer vacation anymore, so it was a great change of pace! Lauren also has a ton of siblings and cousins, in varying ages, so there was always something to do or someone to hang out with (or take pictures for you...) Here, we're eating some delicious ice cream together at Solar Polar. MMMM...
Even though it involved snow, I must say I had a pretty amazing time during my recent snowboarding trip to Deep Creek Lake! Here is a sneak at me finally making it down the mountain all by myself! It felt really great to try (and really enjoy!) something that I had never even thought of trying before. The week of relaxation and New Year celebrations wasn't too bad either!
College Cheerleading Trips! This picture is from Binghamton, NY where our men's basketball team won the semi final tournament, allowing them to compete (and earn!) a spot in the NCAA College Basketball Tournament! Cheerleading trips were always a great time to bond with your team, while also getting some really awesome exercise in during the action packed games! I didn't leave the team on the best of terms after the season this photo was taken, but I do miss cheering, and my teammates, a whole, whole lot!
My senior year of college, Lauren and I decided to take an impromtu 2 day trip to Ocean City, MD with two of our favorite TKE brothers during Spring Break. Even though it was March, and still pretty cold, we had a great time walking the boardwalk, taking a dip in the ocean, and drinking (maybe a little too much?). This is picture is of three of us warming our frozen feetsies in the hotel bath tub after a late night "swim" in the Atlantic. Yes, my hair is pink. It was cute.
This summer, Antonio and I spent Fourth of July weekend at his family's house on the Eastern Shore, in Kent Island. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I LOVE THIS HOUSE! Kent Island is such a quaint, but beautiful little island on the Chesapeake Bay and I would absolutely love to move over there one day. We had a blast celebrating America's Birthday, tooling around on the jet skis and boat, and spending some quality time together with his extended family. We are definitely looking forward to this year's festivities!
WHEW! That was wayyy more of a walk down memory lane (and a much longer post-sorry ladies!) than I had intended on but definitely brought my spirits up! It also got me even more excited for my next Spring Break trip to Paris France in March! I can't wait to add it to my ever growing list of favorite trips of all time
Now, I feel pumped and ready to go root on the Saints in tonight's Superbowl game! Partially because Drew Brees is pretty attractive, but mostly because those awful Colts knocked my beloved Ravens out of the race! WHO DAT?!?!
Now, I feel pumped and ready to go root on the Saints in tonight's Superbowl game! Partially because Drew Brees is pretty attractive, but mostly because those awful Colts knocked my beloved Ravens out of the race! WHO DAT?!?!
7 comments:
I love the Phi Mu takes over....that is totally a little tradition I would love to start with my sorority sisters. How fun! Enjoy the snow!
Haha! We totally took over Panama City one year! Don't you just love vacations!
such great pictures!! it looks like you had a great time on your vacation. you definitely deserved it. i'm a teacher too, so i TOTALLY know what you mean by a brain vacation. i hope you have a great week!!
What a nice brain vacation, you deserved it girlie!! Hope you have a fab week!
Woow you travel quite a lot!:) I love all the beach pictures :D I wish I could escape and go to an exotic island :)
i need to take a brain vacation ;)
i haven't been anywhere in years.
i'm ready to get out of the frozen tundra i live in.
hope you have a great week hun!!
What a neat little vacay recap! I hope you enjoyed your brain vacation...now it's time for a real one!
Post a Comment