As you can tell, I am getting pretty darn tired of this season. The once peacefully bright white snow from our week of blizzards is now black, covered in mud, and causing the entire state of Maryland to be a soggy, wet mess. I live in constant fear of puddles, since I basically live in my Uggs. To try and make the best of a bad situation, Antonio and I decided to partake in some winter activities today. We originally were going to go snowboarding/skiing but decided the forecasted wind gusts of 20 MPH would make us miserable, so we went ICE SKATING!
We had been talki

ng about ice skating for awhile but never found a time to actually go and do it. When I was younger, I used to take ice skating lessons but I was by no means all that good. I hadn't been on the ice in a few years, but it came back pretty quickly. The place was pretty packed with lots of little girls in sparkly outfits, trying to be the next Olympic figure skating super star. The tiny ones were really cute.

Antonio and I had a good time skating in circles and showing off our respective "tricks"
(Antonio's included saving himself from falling and mine were skating backwards and on one foot for approximately 1.3 seconds) We were pretty cheesy about holding hands and pulling each other around. After our feet and ankles were screaming so loudly that we couldn't ignore them any longer, we headed over to Panera for lunch. We shared my most favorite, cinnamon crunch bagel and it was delicious.
All in all, it was a fun, fairly inexpensive and seasonly appropriate Saturday afternoon date!
2 comments:
I would go with the hubs, but he's a Minnesotan. I know he would put his Florida gal to shame. Ah ha ha
I went ice skating in December and had a blast! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Post a Comment