Monday, March 15, 2010

What. A. Week.

Happy Monday! It's the beginning of a new week, but I'm still reeling from the last one! I had such a busy (and fun) week last week that I didn't even have to time to catch you all up in the middle of it! So, I've decided to do one all encompassing post.... now:

TUESDAY I helped to surprise one of my very best friends, Kristi, for her 22nd birthday! Last year, we had a huge night out in Federal Hill and had a blast, but we thought we should stay a little more low key this year. About 6 of my fellow Phi Mu's and I each brought part of a delicious Italian dinner (I made the cake since "good cook" is not exactly on my resume.) and waited anxiously at Kristi's apartment for her to come home from class. When she opened the door, we all popped out and she was definitely surprised! It was a very relaxing but fun, evening hanging out and laughing with some of my very best friends.

THURSDAY my oldest friend in the world, Julie Ann, came up to visit from her new home in North Carolina. She brought her adorable 9 month old son, Ryder Christian, along with her! I met Ryder when he was about 2 months old and I absolutely loved seeing him again this time!

He is growing up so fast, it's shocking. I've known Julie since first grade and it is amazing to me that we've stayed friends for such a long time. Even more amazing, are the paths that our lives have taken. If you would have told me in first grade that in 18 years I would be a teacher and I'd be playing with Julie's beautiful baby boy, I would have called you crazy!

It was a really fun, but too short, visit. I had a great time catching up with Julie, and talking about old times together. It really and truly amazes me that you can spend so much time apart from someone, but when you meet back up it's like nothing has changed. I can't wait until the next time I see baby Ryder; he will definitely be walking and maybe even talking by then!

FRIDAY I went out to downtown Annapolis with a few of my new "work friends" for some drinks and dancing. I went to Polar Bear Plunge with these two ladies and have been hanging out with them a lot since, but this was the first time we were all actually able to "go out". They have a great group of friends and boyfriends that they have kindly let Antonio and I join in the fun! Antonio seems to really get along with the guys and I love the girls so it was a fantastic night! I definitely got rid of some of the MSA testing stress I'd been feeling all week!

SATURDAY was a very busy day! In the afternoon I went to a bridal shower for another of my old friends. One of my "Hefs" (I've talked about them before... just don't ask), Katie, will be getting married this summer, so we were all able to get together and celebrate with just the ladies! The shower was absolutely gorgeous and totally put together and classy, just like Katie. There was a ton of de-lic-ious food, drinks, and desserts. I got to catch up with some more of my old friends, while stuffing myself silly.

I had to cut my visit a little short though, since Antonio and I were going on a spectacular weekend ski/snowboard trip! We headed up to Deep Creek Lake after the shower and had an amazing weekend trip. I just LOVE Deep Creek, I can't say it enough. But, I will put all of the details of that trip in my next post, but here is just a little teaser for ya...


Hopefully this week will not be quite as jammed packed as last week. I do know that it is one week closer to Spring Break and Paris! I'm getting so excited!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Yay for Spring Break!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Wow! It sounds like you've been going non stop..but at least it sounds like with fun events! yay for spring break getting closer!