This one is about your favorite baby names! I know I know - I'm not even ENGAGED I should NOT be posting about baby names. I feel like it could almost be like a jinx or something. But, since so many of the people around me are expecting or just having a baby, I thought this little game might be fun...Maybe I'll just say these are my favorite people names. Names I would appreciate having myself...
For a girl: Isabella EmilieI had a student my first year of teaching named Isabella, who a lot of people just didn't really seem to understand. She was a huge tomboy and, honestly, just sort of mean. For some reason, though, she really stole my heart. And Isabella is just such a beautiful Latin name, and since Antonio is half Bolivian, it's fitting.
My Mom-Mom's middle name was Emilie. When she passed away we found out that it was actually spelled Emily, but she always wrote it with the IE at the end, so that's the way my little girl will have it right from the start. I've tossed around the idea of switching the two to Emilie Isabella, but who knows...
For a boy: James or Stephen
I honestly have never really thought much about boy names. They are obvi not as fun as girl names. But, my Pop Pop was named James, and even though he passed away when I was very young, I do remember him being a strong, good, respectable man. And I think this name conveys all of those attributes quite nicely. Stephen is my dad's name and he's the strongest, greatest man I've ever known. Any person would be lucky to be named after such a man.
For a boy: James or Stephen
I honestly have never really thought much about boy names. They are obvi not as fun as girl names. But, my Pop Pop was named James, and even though he passed away when I was very young, I do remember him being a strong, good, respectable man. And I think this name conveys all of those attributes quite nicely. Stephen is my dad's name and he's the strongest, greatest man I've ever known. Any person would be lucky to be named after such a man.
Well, I guess that's all for today! Head on over to Taylor's blog to play along!
2 comments:
great name picks! totally true about boy names :)
That's a great pick for a girls name!
Post a Comment