Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Perhaps A Little Over-Prepared?

This is sort of the story of my life. I can't help it. It's my nature. It's in my bones. I'm a planner. I like to make plans. So shoot me.
I'm always the one sending out Facebook messages and mass emails inviting all my friends to fun outings and events. I like to believe that this is mainly because I like to have fun, I like to do fun things, and I mostly like to do them with the people I love. And maybe I've learned from experience that if you want something done, you need to just do it yourself.

But this time, I might be a little over-prepared. You see, a few weeks ago I was playing Vera Bradley bingo and I won TWO of the raffles! Inside my beautiful new totebags was a cute set of plastic "picnic" supplies and a ton of Tupperware. Now, even though I still live at home, I realize how valuable this prize was and immediately went to Wal Mart for a plastic storage bin. I put my goodies, along with an old coffee maker and crock pot into the big, blue box. But, it was still pretty empty. I mean, I had to fill it right? I couldn't risk those precious prizes ::gasp:: breaking!

Last night, I raided my parents glass cabinet. I took all of the old (and by old I mean literally older than me) cups, coffee cups and glasses, wrapped them in newspaper and loaded that plastic sucker up. Then, I had a thought; "Ambs, you don't even have a prospect of a kitchen in which to use these things. Why are you raiding and packing away? And WHY, oh why why why, is the NOT the first box that you are shoving full of supplies, labeling 'Ambs House' and hiding away in the attic for an indefinite amount of time?" (This might be like the third box full of, currently, useless home supplies. Shhh)
Well my friends, I don't really have an answer. So I'm going to pose yet another question to you all: Is it possible to be too prepared? Is it weird that I'm stockpiling kitchen and bathroom equipment and trinkets for a house that may not exist for possibly years?

I'm not really sure what the answer there is. What I do know is that I can. not. wait. to decorate my as yet unfound house. I have a perfect idea in my head of how relaxing, beachy, bright, inviting, comfy and beautiful it will be. I can't wait to unpack that box of childhood glasses and recall a memory that I have with each one. So, until this imaginary house becomes re-life, I will leave you with these images of it. At least the ones I have in my brain...
A girl can dream can't she??? ::sigh::

EDIT:: I forgot to mention that Antonio volunteered to take my Mom Mom's very large velvet painting of Elvis. While this is sentimental and meaningful to me, I'm not quite sure where it fits into my general theme... I guess we'll have to stay tuned for that one ladies...

4 comments:

Mrs. D said...

You can NEVER be too prepared for your house! I wish I had collected stuff over time! Your dream house is adorable, good luck!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I think it's good to be prepared especially when it comes to things for a house. When I moved into my townhome I felt so overwhelmed with things I needed to get. So getting them over time is a great idea!

allison said...

OH it's a good idea! It seems like so distant in the future that I'll have my own house too. It seems like it'll never happen. I wanna get married!

Brittany said...

Nothing wrong with being prepared :-) I love your dream house! I would love to have a beachy house too :-)