Monday, April 12, 2010

A Sunshine Filled Weekend

I feel as though I've been the worst blogger in the world lately. I always feel so much more motivated to get out and do things when the weather finally starts to warm up each year. I've been hitting the gym a lot harder this week, and filling in my free time with fun activities! This weekend was definitely no exception.

Saturday, two of my teacher friends, Jaime and Jamie (yes, those are their real names and yes, people often think they're lying when they introduce themselves) and I headed to downtown Annapolis for the day. We were headed to the 1st Annual Saving Second Base Bar Crawl, to benefit (duh) breast cancer awareness. I've talked about how near and dear philanthropy for breast cancer is to my heart (no pun intended) before, and this was a great opportunity that I could not pass up! Not only did we get to give our time, energy and money to a great cause, we also had a splendid time hanging out and enjoying the beautiful Spring sunshine! I often say that "Daytime Drinking" and "Outside Drinking" are two of my favorite warm weather activities and this event combined both with a great cause!

After the bar crawl, we went back home, where Antonio and Jaime's boyfriend grilled us a delicious late night dinner of steak, coleslaw, potato salad and baked beans. Later, I rummaged through some of Jaime's "give aways" and came up with some pretty awesome finds. I love sharing hand me downs, even as an adult. It feels like shopping, but without the buyers' remorse. Even though I came down with a nasty case of hiccups, it was a perfect warm weather ending to what I like to consider a pretty ideal Saturday!

On Sunday, "the Jamies" and I decided to participate in another charitable, and fun! event. We loaded up the coolers and drove over to The Great Catonsville Cow Flop, which benefited a local Boy Scout troop. The basic gist of the event was this: you buy a small square of land, a farmer brings a cow in, the cow moseys around while you enjoy the sunshine, listen to some music, eat some snacks and just relax, if the cow poops on your assigned square, you are the winner of 1500 big ones! As strange as it sounds, this event raised a ton of money for a good cause and was a very relaxing way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

After the flop, we had another quick cookout dinner and everyone parted ways to prepare for the week ahead. I had so much fun this weekend that I didn't want it to end; I slept in almost an hour past my alarm and had to run like crazy to make it to school on time! Oh well... it was definitely worth it for a jam packed weekend like that!

3 comments:

Mrs. D said...

Sounds like a great time! And you're not the only one who was running late this morning-- I slept in an hour and 15 minutes!

Annie said...

sounds like a fun n busy weekend with perfect weather! :)
cute pics!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Way to support the cause!!! Glad you had a great weekend!