The Instructions:
If you're tagged, or even if you're not tagged,
you can still join in the fun too:
Paste the above picture on your blog.
Tell who tagged you.
Answer the questions.
Pass it on to 10 bloggers of your choice,
and let them know they've been tagged.
1. Who is yo ur style icon?
Carrie Underwood. Whether she's dresse d up or dressed down she always looks so put together, classy and cute!
2. Favorite socialite book?
Hmm... I'm not really sure I have a favorite on this. I usually end up reading more "romantic comedy" type books or series like Twilight and Harry Potter. (Yes, nerd.)
3. Favorite party theme?
This is going to sound awful but in college, I attended a Grafitti/Jello Wrestling party. It was so fun! Everyone wore plain white shirts and carried Sharpies around, writing all over each other all night.
The longer the night, the funnier the messages. The best part was always waking up and reading through the events of the night before! Later that night, some of my sorority sisters and the fraternity guys (of the fraternity Antonio later joined!) Jello wrestled in the basement. Only in college is that acceptable...
Close runners up include: I'm Glad I'm Not, Come As You Were, and Anything But Clothes Goes!
4. Go to Halloween costume?
This year, I threw together a "Prom Queen" costume at the last minute that actually worked out pretty well. Otherwise, I usually go with a hula/Hawaiian/beach babe theme on the fly.
5. Extravagance you cannot live without?
My laptop. I basically live on this thing. And think about what I'm going to use it for when I get home from being away. I have definitely become one of those Mac snobs I used to despise...
6. Living person you admire?
There are so many people in my life that I admire for so many different reasons. Of course, I'd have to say my mom. Mostly for just being her and for being the best mom I could imagine having.
There are also a few women in my life who I admire for their strength, grace and beauty in some of life's most difficult situations. Each of these ladies have been thrown complete and total curve balls by life. Curve balls which no one should ever have to think about dealing with, let alone actually do it. I could never express to them my admiration in words. Among many others, those ladies include my Aunt Toni,
my Phi Mu little sister, Rachel,
and my high school BFF, Samantha.
7. Greatest fear?
I could fill up a whole post about how much of a scaredy cat I am. Spiders, heights, the dark, germs, etc. etc. But what I'm most afraid of is the unknown. Things I haven't done before, or that there is no research or experience on. For example, death, or my recent flight to France. I was having panic attacks, in fear about the long flight over the ocean, which I had never done before. I don't like not knowing what's coming. Some call it paranoia, anxiety, or neuroticism. I'm not sure what I call it. But it's what I'm most afraid of.
8. Trait you dislike about yourself?
This is a toughie. I have a hard time letting go of things and just seeing the bright side. I wish I could be more laidback, less anxious all of the time. I wish I could see the beautiful parts of life before all of the ugly parts. I wish I could be comfortable in my own skin, instead of constantly criticizing. I wish I was a Go With the Flow kinda lady. I'm working on it.
9. Which talent would you most like to have?
I've always wanted to sing. Sure, I sang in choirs in high school, but I mean really sing. Like American Idol style. I'd also like to be more athletic in general.
10. Greatest accomplishment?
So far, graduating and getting a job as a teacher! Every day, I'm reminded of how all of my hard work in college and student teaching has paid off, in the smile of one of my students. Or when I get to have a hilarious conversation with one of them. Or when I help one of them through a difficult problem. Or when my typically C student finally scores his first A on a test. This is going to sound cheesy, but when my students walk out the door at 2:30 each afternoon, I feel truly accomplished.
Hopefully, one day soon I will be able to add "being an amazing wife and mother" to this column!
So now is the time when I pick 10 of my favorite bloggie friends to invite into the "Preppy Mafia Family:
Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight
Mrs. P @ A Little Pink in a World of Camo
Ashley @ Pink-ture Perfect
M @ I Made My Bed
Julia @ Kaleidoscope
Samantha @ The Ruby Turtle Hippie Times
Ashley @ {Let Go Laughing}
Em @ A Place in This World
Annie @ Chapters of Our Life
Megan @ A Sunshine State of Mind
I hope everyone has a fantastically sunny Monday morning tomorrow! I'm off to try to get some much needed rest before the dreaded alarm goes of in the AM!
1. Who is yo ur style icon?
Carrie Underwood. Whether she's dresse d up or dressed down she always looks so put together, classy and cute!
2. Favorite socialite book?
Hmm... I'm not really sure I have a favorite on this. I usually end up reading more "romantic comedy" type books or series like Twilight and Harry Potter. (Yes, nerd.)
3. Favorite party theme?
This is going to sound awful but in college, I attended a Grafitti/Jello Wrestling party. It was so fun! Everyone wore plain white shirts and carried Sharpies around, writing all over each other all night.
The longer the night, the funnier the messages. The best part was always waking up and reading through the events of the night before! Later that night, some of my sorority sisters and the fraternity guys (of the fraternity Antonio later joined!) Jello wrestled in the basement. Only in college is that acceptable...
Close runners up include: I'm Glad I'm Not, Come As You Were, and Anything But Clothes Goes!
4. Go to Halloween costume?
This year, I threw together a "Prom Queen" costume at the last minute that actually worked out pretty well. Otherwise, I usually go with a hula/Hawaiian/beach babe theme on the fly.
5. Extravagance you cannot live without?
My laptop. I basically live on this thing. And think about what I'm going to use it for when I get home from being away. I have definitely become one of those Mac snobs I used to despise...
6. Living person you admire?
There are so many people in my life that I admire for so many different reasons. Of course, I'd have to say my mom. Mostly for just being her and for being the best mom I could imagine having.
There are also a few women in my life who I admire for their strength, grace and beauty in some of life's most difficult situations. Each of these ladies have been thrown complete and total curve balls by life. Curve balls which no one should ever have to think about dealing with, let alone actually do it. I could never express to them my admiration in words. Among many others, those ladies include my Aunt Toni,
7. Greatest fear?
I could fill up a whole post about how much of a scaredy cat I am. Spiders, heights, the dark, germs, etc. etc. But what I'm most afraid of is the unknown. Things I haven't done before, or that there is no research or experience on. For example, death, or my recent flight to France. I was having panic attacks, in fear about the long flight over the ocean, which I had never done before. I don't like not knowing what's coming. Some call it paranoia, anxiety, or neuroticism. I'm not sure what I call it. But it's what I'm most afraid of.
8. Trait you dislike about yourself?
This is a toughie. I have a hard time letting go of things and just seeing the bright side. I wish I could be more laidback, less anxious all of the time. I wish I could see the beautiful parts of life before all of the ugly parts. I wish I could be comfortable in my own skin, instead of constantly criticizing. I wish I was a Go With the Flow kinda lady. I'm working on it.
9. Which talent would you most like to have?
I've always wanted to sing. Sure, I sang in choirs in high school, but I mean really sing. Like American Idol style. I'd also like to be more athletic in general.
10. Greatest accomplishment?
So far, graduating and getting a job as a teacher! Every day, I'm reminded of how all of my hard work in college and student teaching has paid off, in the smile of one of my students. Or when I get to have a hilarious conversation with one of them. Or when I help one of them through a difficult problem. Or when my typically C student finally scores his first A on a test. This is going to sound cheesy, but when my students walk out the door at 2:30 each afternoon, I feel truly accomplished.
Hopefully, one day soon I will be able to add "being an amazing wife and mother" to this column!
So now is the time when I pick 10 of my favorite bloggie friends to invite into the "Preppy Mafia Family:
Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight
Mrs. P @ A Little Pink in a World of Camo
Ashley @ Pink-ture Perfect
M @ I Made My Bed
Julia @ Kaleidoscope
Samantha @ The Ruby Turtle Hippie Times
Ashley @ {Let Go Laughing}
Em @ A Place in This World
Annie @ Chapters of Our Life
Megan @ A Sunshine State of Mind
I hope everyone has a fantastically sunny Monday morning tomorrow! I'm off to try to get some much needed rest before the dreaded alarm goes of in the AM!

No comments:
Post a Comment