Much like spring is wedding season, I consider the summertime to officially be concert season. I was so excited to kick it off in a BIG way last night with Dave Matthew's Band and Zac Brown Band live in concert! I had always heard that Dave Matthew's was a show that you needed to see at least once in your life and I had seen Zac Brown live before so I was pumped!
I'm a huge country music fan and I love Zac Brown Band! They're like hippie country stars - modern day Willie Nelsons! haha They played a great set with all of their popular singles plus some great covers including John Mayer and Rage Against the Machine. (Even though I'm sure this is probably highly illegal) Here's a little sneak peak:
Although I'm not a huge huge Dave fan, I'm familiar with a good amount of their music and was psyched to see them live. The entire band is just filled with AMAZING musicians who obviously just love what they do. They played a few old favorites and some songs that I wasn't familiar with, but loved nonetheless. They also went into some pretty lengthy, but awesome, jam sessions up there on stage!
As much fun as we had though, I have a small rant. It's about annoying, inconsiderate people. Since concerts are generally full of obnoxious, drunk, rude people, I was fairly prepared for that. People are going to push, shove, and think that their time is more important than yours. That's fine. Annoying, but fine.
No, I'm talking, my friends, about people who are just blatantly lazy and inconsiderate of our earth. Now, I'm not some tree hugging hippie by any means, but I believe in taking care of the place we live. If we don't it will be gone much faster than any of would prefer. Also, it's much nicer to enjoy a nice, clean, healthy earth, than a dirty, rotten one. Having just had this amazing Dave Matthew's experience (whose fans are supposedly of the same "hippie" mindset, if not worse, than me) I come out to the parking field to see inumerable cases of this:
In other exciting news, my beloved old camera has recently starting seriously showing signs of slow death. (Technology just really really hates me I think.) Even though I'm very sad to loose my good old Sony, I was able to replace her with a brand new pink(ish) version today!
It's not only super high tech with smile recognition, video recording, and auto focus and zoom, but it's also waterproof AND shockproof! This means that I can take it to the beach AND snowboarding, without worry about ruining it! Plus, I can use my same old memory stick with this new lady.Should be very useful when I head back to Siesta Key on Tuesday morning!!!
2 comments:
Love DMB and ZBB! I bet that was an awesome concert :) Glad you had fun. People are so rude though about littering! The other day, I was at a stop light, and this lady was literally throwing trash out her window! I blew my horn at her several times and made sure everyone saw her.
Love the pink camera :)
OH I LOVE DMB! It sounds like you had a great time. I hate that people leave their trash every where too!
Post a Comment