Sunday, August 15, 2010

The One Good Thing About Summer Ending...

...is the start of football season! As you may know, I am a pretty big Ravens fan. And, as much as I absolutely hate, loathe, despise the end of summertime, I also love, love, love the start of football season!

Last week, before I headed out on my last official vacation of the summer (more on that later), Lauren and I headed up to Ravens Training Camp for the day!


Like most teams, the Ravens open up their training camp to the public during the summer. We were lucky enough to get to watch some of our favorite players in action, waaaay closer than at a game!

Let me tell you, I was sooooo starstruck! We were so super close to some amazing athletes, whose numbers I wear and who I cheer on every Fall Sunday! Here are a few of my fave sightings: (and yes, I just might have cropped and zoomed these so that you could really tell who it was. Either way, they were SUPER close and cool!)

QUATERBACK JOE FLACCO

THE BLIND SIDE'S MICHAEL OHER (he really is a huge guy!)

me upon walking up to the field: "HOLY CRAP! IT'S RAY FREAKING LEWIS!!!!"

And here is my most favorite of the day:

TODD HEAP and HALOTI NGATA giving a radio interview!

OHMIGOSH these guys were SO CLOSE I thought I was going to have a heart attack! They are both awesome players, but Heap is definitely my favorite. I wear his #86 jersey proudly every week. It also helps that he's really, super, amazing nice to look at too...

All in all, it was a pretty awesome day! Definitely a must for any true Ravens fan out there...

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How fun and exciting!!!! I'm completely jealous!