Friday, October 22, 2010

Oops

So I missed a day.. sorry :o( I have been so overwhelmed and stressed and feeling like a crazy person this week. I'm so happy it's Friday, even though I still have a whole paper to write by Sunday night for grad school and a very thick pile of papers that may or may not be from September still... Which brings me to today's post:

Day 8 - A song to match your mood.

My first inclination was to pick "Crazy Bitch" since that's really how I feel right now. But, I decided I wouldn't be quite so dramatic so instead I chose:


Sarah McLachlan-I Will Remember You

You see, this week in October has always been sort of a hard one for me ever since high school. On October 20th, 2003, my cousin was killed at just 14 years old. This was obviously a traumatic experience for me and was only compounded by the fact that her 15th birthday would have been four days later. We buried her the next day. Last year, this week was made 10 times harder for me with the passing of my Mom Mom on October 25th. She was my everything and a part of me is still crushed by her death.

Anyway, this week I always tend to turn to myself and spend time thinking about the ones I love, both living and dead. (I also tend to over busy myself in an effort to numb or forget the pain but that's another post)

But, I am NOT trying to make this a downer post! The lyrics of this Sarah McLachlan song honestly say what I'm trying to but can't seem to find the words to, as cheesy as that is. Anyway, that's how I'm feeling right now. I'm sure I will be able to think of a sunnier song as soon as this weight of grad school and this month are lifted off my shoulders!

No comments: