Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hometowns

Day 12 - A photograph of the town you live in.

Everyone has a hometown. Wherever you grew up. Wherever you picture when you think of your childhood. I am fortunate (or unfortunate, whichever way you look at it) to have never moved out of my hometown or my childhood home, aside from college.

Now, my hometown is by no means a "small town" but it's also not a bustling city. It's a typical suburb I guess. Most people don't leave and it gets pretty annoying to have to constantly run into people you know at the grocery store or the gym. But, it's not one of those small towns where every one knows your business or your mama, like Andy Griffith or something. I honestly like the comfort of staying in the same place with the same people and places.

When I think of my hometown, I usually think of high school. That's when I got my chance to start making memories around town for myself. I was able to start to explore and see the (minimal) fun my town had to offer. I also learned an important lesson of making my own fun (which at times may or may not have been a good thing) So, I decided to post some photos from high school:
Like I said.... we made our own fun...

High school cheerleading... can you find me?

But, if I had to identify myself with one big city it would have to be:

BAL-MER, HON! (That's how we say Baltimore around here)

Home of:Delicious steamed blue crabs
Bal-mer hons

and


Natty Boh

I couldn't be more proud of BOTH my hometowns!



1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I use to spend every summer in Baltimore!! I love that town!!