A few weeks ago, one of my closest friends Emmie married her high school sweetheart, Carl
Since she is a true Phi Mu, it was an amazingly pink celebration! The food and the decorations were absolutely fabulous and there was even Rita's Italian ice! The best part, in my opinion, was getting to dance and laugh and sing and just spend fun times with my best friends



Last weekend, I did something that I swore I'd never do again. But, since I love Antonio and knew he wouldn't shut up about it... I WENT FRIGGIN CAMPING. It was honestly not as bad as I anticipated. It was a little cold, and the fire took awhile to get going, annnnd I'm pretty scared of the dark and weird noises in general. But other than that it was relaxing and nice to spend one of the last warm Fall weekends in nature!

Today was obviously the last school day before Halloween. In public schools, Halloween is generally frowned upon for religious reasons. However, we get around this by throwing a Book Character parade! We all dress up like book characters and so do the kids. This year, our principal dressed up as Mother Goose and the rest of us were nursery rhymes. My team was the 5 Little Piggies (you know, the ones you count on your toes?) I was the one who went WEE WEE WEE all the way home... except I had a happy WEE instead of the traditional crying WEE.
I've been having a really hard time at work lately for a lot of reasons. I still LOVE teaching but all the other political junk that goes on behind the scenes is truly starting to get to me. Today was a nice break to just have fun with my kids, which is what I love to do the most!

One last thing that made my week better was getting this in the mail today:
the save the date for one of my very very best friends wedding! Even though I'm having a REALLY hard time believing that she will be leaving me and moving to Georgia by next summer or that she's actually getting MARRIED or that I knew this was on its way since I'm SUPER honored to be a bridesmaid... IT WAS STILL REALLY EXCITING!
Hope you all have an exciting Halloween weekend! Can't wait to see all your costumes on Monday!
Since she is a true Phi Mu, it was an amazingly pink celebration! The food and the decorations were absolutely fabulous and there was even Rita's Italian ice! The best part, in my opinion, was getting to dance and laugh and sing and just spend fun times with my best friends
Last weekend, I did something that I swore I'd never do again. But, since I love Antonio and knew he wouldn't shut up about it... I WENT FRIGGIN CAMPING. It was honestly not as bad as I anticipated. It was a little cold, and the fire took awhile to get going, annnnd I'm pretty scared of the dark and weird noises in general. But other than that it was relaxing and nice to spend one of the last warm Fall weekends in nature!
I've been having a really hard time at work lately for a lot of reasons. I still LOVE teaching but all the other political junk that goes on behind the scenes is truly starting to get to me. Today was a nice break to just have fun with my kids, which is what I love to do the most!
One last thing that made my week better was getting this in the mail today:Hope you all have an exciting Halloween weekend! Can't wait to see all your costumes on Monday!
3 comments:
AAAHH SO EXCITING! And weird. But mostly exciting!
I love little Hermione and Harry :)
Thanks for the post, Ambs! Also, I'm so proud that you went camping!! Carl and I have been talking about doing some camping, maybe you and Antonio can join us?! :) Love you!
You're a brave girl! I refuse to go camping!
Glad you had fun at the wedding!
Post a Comment