Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Positivity

Lately, I've been trying really hard to stay positive. I've been under so. much. stress. It feels like everywhere I turn someone else is asking something of me. Now, I know a lot of this is self induced and part of my type A personality. However, it doesn't make it any less hard.To top it all off, I often feel left out even when I feel like I do a ton of work for other people.

Yesterday, it all kind of came to a head when I realized I had been completely left out of some upcoming celebrations for a close friend from work. I started to get really down on myself and almost just curled up and went to bed for the night. But, instead, I called up two of my favorite Phi Mu sisters and decided that I was NOT going to be sad! I was NOT going to feel left out! I was going to go find people who WANTED to include little old me!

So, I headed over to Shannon's apartment for some Christmas decorating. Yes, you heard right. Christmas. Shannon is a WEEEEE bit obsessive about this holiday that is still almost two months away. We put up her tree and indulged in one of our most favorite traditions from college - chips and cheese! It definitely put me in a much better mood to be around some people who just genuinely care.
yep, totally normal thing to do the day after Halloween.
some of these things are not like the others... can you figure it out???

after a night in with these lovely ladies, I am a little more ready to say WELCOME to Santa and the Christmas season. As long as I get to keep spending it with people like Shannon and Shannon :o)

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Love this!!!! I love that someone else besides me has already started decorating!